Defensive Carry banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally bought one yesterday, and am considering carry options. I am down to either a pancake (Simply Rugged, etc.) or a Clipdraw. I like the ease of the clipdraw in theory, though I have never tried it for a revolver (didn't like it when I tried it for small autos) I tried a Barami Hip Grip on a J-frame, and didn't like the way it felt. Does anyone have personal experience with carrying this arm on the hip?

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Personally, I don't care for clip draws, or anything that does not cover the trigger, if for no other reason.

·
Registered
6,990 Posts
My preference would be the pancake type holster. I have heard good things about Simply Rugged however I have no personal experience with them.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Personally, I don't care for clip draws, or anything that does not cover the trigger, if for no other reason.
I had the same concern, but thought that the long trigger pull might negate some of the danger. However, it is possible to hook the trigger a la Burress...

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
I'd pass on the Clip Draw, check out Galco for pancake holsters.

·
Super Moderator
50,603 Posts
Skip the clip...OMO
Find a good holster...if I can think of a good place to buy a holster :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:, I'll be back.:blink:
:image035:
:wave:

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Skip the clip. I recently got a Simply Rugged Silver Dollar for my Taurus m85ul. I really love this holster. It can be worn either IWB or OWB and is very comfartable to me.

For revolvers this is more than likely the route I'll go for now on unless I break down and get a PureKustom.

+1 though for Simply Rugged great holsters , great price, Great CS and not a long wait either.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Skip the clip. I recently got a Simply Rugged Silver Dollar for my Taurus m85ul. I really love this holster. It can be worn either IWB or OWB and is very comfartable to me.

+1 though for Simply Rugged great holsters , great price, Great CS and not a long wait either.
How high does it ride? I live in Fl and would love for a baggy T-shirt or guyabera to cover it easily....

·
Registered
454 Posts
I have my SimplyRugged Silver Dollar on as I type this...I have 4 of his holsters...all are top notch...I am carrying a SP101 and actually forget I am wearing it sometimes..Robbie

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
I finally bought one yesterday, and am considering carry options. I am down to either a pancake (Simply Rugged, etc.) or a Clipdraw. I like the ease of the clipdraw in theory, though I have never tried it for a revolver (didn't like it when I tried it for small autos) I tried a Barami Hip Grip on a J-frame, and didn't like the way it felt. Does anyone have personal experience with carrying this arm on the hip?
Have you shot the 44, and how do you like it? have been considering one for CC.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
It rides pretty high, but it has 3 belt slots and depending on which 2 you use it will ride lower or higher. IWB it rides low to me which I like.

Go on thier website and take a look at it , you'll see what I am talking about. They are very good holsters and they don't break the bank either.

I definitely recommend them.

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
Also take a look at FIST holsters. I've got a simply rugged holster for my 44 and I'm looking for something with a little more boning.
FIST said they could do it. We shall see!

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
I don't like uncovered triggers. I have an IWB Hybrid from Little Bear for my S&W Night Guard .44 Spec. with 2.5" barrel. Very comfortable esp.in the car.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Have you shot the 44, and how do you like it? have been considering one for CC.
They didn't have any ammo in the store (imagine that) I'm not recoil sensitive so am not concerned. It's relative lightness is why I bought it, markedly less than my SP101.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
I know I should be more patient, but these many month waiting periods are more than I can take. How long did these folks take for you?
Just over 3 weeks.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts