Defensive Carry banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been looking around and wanting to get new sights for my glock 23 its my carry and hd nightstand gun. i was thinking about triji green night sights and then the new xs big dot and xs standard dot caught my eye. has any one used the xs big or standard dot sights? are they any better, easyer or faster to use than other sights

·
Premium Member
5,611 Posts
The XS big dot is designed to be a combat sight. This means its meant for fast target acquisition, not extreme accuracy. I shot a glock 17 at a range that had one and I was impressed by it. They can have a bit of a learning curve since they are a bit different but I was able to quickly asses the threat present fire and prepare for a follow up shot.... quicker than I thought I would. I currently have a set on order for my ruger SR40C , and will probably be getting some for my glock.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i would like to try them on a gun before i bought them. but i still think i would rather have night sights. im a good shot with regular 3 dot sights and glock factory sights

·
Registered
46,054 Posts
The XS big dot is designed to be a combat sight. This means its meant for fast target acquisition, not extreme accuracy. I shot a glock 17 at a range that had one and I was impressed by it. They can have a bit of a learning curve since they are a bit different but I was able to quickly asses the threat present fire and prepare for a follow up shot.... quicker than I thought I would. I currently have a set on order for my ruger SR40C , and will probably be getting some for my glock.
You should try more for center mass.

·
Registered
195 Posts
I went with the big dot on my 23. Very easy on the eyes. For me it was a plus, it is much larger than a regular sized front sight. Not having the dots on the back is not a problem for me, but it is different.

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
Maybe I'm a dinosaur but I prefer the precision of regular night sights over the XS dots. All my Glocks wear Tru Glo TFO sights. I have installed dozens for customers also. Great product and 100% customer service on the two occasions I needed it.

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
I prefer two-dot night sights in the straight-8 configuration with the front dot larger... the bar-dot sights from XS work well, but the Big Dot I feel gives up too much accuracy for not a lot of added speed. The standard dot is great, but my new favorite is the Ameriglo I-Dot.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.