Defensive Carry banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thinking of buying a Sig P245. I'm a huge 45acp fan and I don't have a Sig in the 45 caliber. I've shot the P220 alot and yes I do love it, but I like compact guns so I looking toward the 245 more than the P220! I know the 220 mags fit in the 245!
Anyone have one? Pros & Cons, Likes & Dislikes?
Everything welcomed!

·
Registered
143 Posts
I do not own one, but I have friends who've got them I've shot them enough to really like them. It's basically just a slightly smaller 220. It's typical great Sig quality and reliability. If you like the 220, you should like the 245. It shoots about the same too. As long as it's comfortable in your hand, then there is no reason for you not to buy it since you like the 220.

·
Registered
3,826 Posts
I don't own one, but I have rented one at the local indoor range on two different occaisons. I like the way it fits my hand, and accuracy was very good.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank You Team American and S.O. Interceptor.
I would like to shot it first but I don't have anyone around me that has one. The 245 feels good in my hand.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I have owned and carried P245 for several years. It is very reliable and acurate for a compact firearm. The only criticisim I have heard is that they dont have a large enough mag capacity. An extra loaded mag should fix that. Buy it, you will like it.

·
Super Moderator
25,537 Posts
Guess I'm one of those guys that will tell you if it's a SIG you can't go wrong.

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Not shot one but love the 220. If as I tend to imagine, the 220 vs 245 is a bit like comparing the 226 with a 229 - then can't be bad.

Oh and yeah - well - it's a SIG :smile:

·
Registered
940 Posts
Never seen one with problems, but I'm a Sig guy too. :)

They're too small for me, given that a 226 is a two finger gun for me - otherwise I'd grab a 245 or 239.

·
Registered
6,746 Posts
I sell them at the store, but the ustomers that handle em, and pass on em, tell me they 245 is too large for them. They move on to a 239 in 40 cal. The 245 is a bit short in the grip frame from what the customers mention. Hope it helps, and you'r best bet is to try one out if you can.

·
Registered
6,868 Posts
I'd like to get one, but I can't justify it since I've already got the compact lightweight .45 ACP box checked off several times over.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts