Defensive Carry banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ruger LCP 380ACP 6+1 Viridian Laser Red

I've been wanting a new pocket gun for a while. I've struggled with which one to buy. Yesterday a friend of mine made me a great deal on this Ruger LCP with a laser. I just wanted to know if anyone had any experience with the LCP first and the laser second. I sure would like this to be my pocket gun for years to come but time will tell. I get to pick it up tomorrow.

·
Banned
5,140 Posts
the search button is your friend. The LCP is probably the most popular SD gun in current times and there are plenty of opinions out there. Just use the search function.

·
Registered
16,094 Posts
I like the LCP if it is the Custom (red aluminum trigger) or the II. I didn't like the first generation because the trigger pull was too long.
I never was a fan of lasers, but some folks like them.
IMO a great deal would be two hundred bucks or less if it is not a Custom or II.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I like the LCP if it is the Custom (red aluminum trigger) or the II. I didn't like the first generation because the trigger pull was too long.
I never was a fan of lasers, but some folks like them.
IMO a great deal would be two hundred bucks or less if it is not a Custom or II.
Like I said, he is my friend. The deal I'm getting is WAY better than that even. That's why I'm getting it without really checking them out first. I used to own one years ago but I only shot it a couple of times and I can't really remember how it shot.

·
Registered
16,094 Posts
That sounds like a good deal then. Enough savings you could stick a Galloway trigger in it if needed.

·
Registered
9,894 Posts
Yep under 200 with laser good deal ..No laser eh ..GEN 2 with better trigger and sights are around 278 now

·
Registered
183 Posts
Great pocket guns. I have LCP w/laser, LCP custom, and just got LCP 2.
Selling the LCP w/laser to a friend. Laserlyte side mount laser

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Ruger LCP 380ACP 6+1 Viridian Laser Red

I've been wanting a new pocket gun for a while. I've struggled with which one to buy. Yesterday a friend of mine made me a great deal on this Ruger LCP with a laser. I just wanted to know if anyone had any experience with the LCP first and the laser second. I sure would like this to be my pocket gun for years to come but time will tell. I get to pick it up tomorrow.
I have an LCP. No laser.

I ultimately did not end up carrying that as much as I thought I might. It's hard to shoot well, and hard to aim. the Hogue grip sleeve is a good add-on.

It's (I have concluded) a specialized gun, for when nothing larger can be concealed.

·
Registered
439 Posts
If its less than $200 with the laser don't even think twice. Just buy it. If you don't like it you can flip it and get your money back.
This is right on. I got my LCP II a week or so ago and it's now my favorite carry pistol for one reason; I don't even know it's there 'cause it's so small and light but with a decent trigger and reset plus it shoots quite well and accurate up to at least 15 yards. Can't ask for much more from a pocket pistol. If you are okay with the trigger on your LCP you've got a new keeper I think.

·
Banned
3,890 Posts
I have 2 and both shoot flawlessly....they are good out to 150 yards

·
Registered
605 Posts
It is the best gun in its niche in the market- deep-conceal. Especially the newer versions with the improved trigger (Gen2). Enjoy it.

·
Registered
5,066 Posts
I like my Custom a lot. It has been flawless with a few hundred rounds through it. It takes a firm grip but, for its intended purpose I think it is superb. I carry with the factory 7 round mag and the Hoque Handall grip with a 10 round ProMag spare.

·
Registered
66 Posts
The 2 most important issues with a deep carry gun is comfort and dependability, the LCP is both. It sucks at the range but that's not what is made for. Add a grip enhancer to it, it's a must. I put a Talon granutale on mine.

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
I don't know why the LCP 2 has an issue with the 6 round magazine only. One of the things I like about my old gen 2 is that it will handle a 7 or 10 round magazine without any problems. I think that the custom is just the gen 2 with all of the improvements that I made to my gen 2. I carry all the time with the 7 round magazine and one in the chamber and the ten round magazine in a Walmart open top glasses case in my left shirt pocket. I added some extra velcrow on the pocket clip to keep the glasses case from trying to fall out of my pocket. Then later on I started wrapping a decent sized rubber band around the 10 round magazine to keep it from sliding out of the glasses case when I bend over. The whole system has worked really good this way for a long time now.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts