Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
1952 - 2006
1,371 Posts
My only problem with Kydex holsters for IWB carry is that I found they can pinch your tush very painfully if you sit down wrong.

I prefer a leather holster anytime.

I'm sure that Gary Brommeland or Eric Larsen, (members of this forum and very professional holster makers), would be more than happy to make you a holster for your Taurus.

Don't forget a quality belt for your new rig as well.

·
Registered
813 Posts
I am newly transitioned from kydex and other synthetic holsters to leather. I bought my first leather holster last month...milt sparks watch six. Could not be happier with the look, feel, and overall concealability of the holster. Leather for me from now on.

·
Registered
6,749 Posts
Leather all the way here..............the plastic stuff is rigid, and somewhere in the Forum, we've seen the effects of a snatch and grab video utilizing a Fobus holster............

·
Registered
750 Posts
IWB, OWB, plastic, Kydex, leather, if all you are worried about is someone breaking a holster. . . I guess leather wins.

I'm very happy with my leather holster. Wish I'd bought it first, in fact.

But if all you have to go on is that unrealistic video of the Fobus holster being broken, your gun will be GONE no matter what it's made of, no matter how you carry it.

Just don't stand there like the guy in that "demonstration." All the video proved was that the holster could be broken. It really doesn't "prove" anything other than that, in my book. Looks like a "test" designed only to prove a point, with no real world application.

/end rant

mm

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
leather all the way for me too, the rigs I use are all so comfortable, I have gone thru so many holsters (guess my holster drawer can stop growing now...) and finally settled on IWB rig from HBE and Milt Sparks. For OWB I like the Bianchi 19, its comfortable but it doesnt seem to hold as snugly as my iwb rigs.

·
Registered
742 Posts
Tried kydex for a couple of years, now they all gather dust in the dead holster drawer.

Blade Tech is a good company, and good people, but I went back to leather for many reasons, the most important was comfort.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Just re-read my post about that Fobus video, and it read quite a bit more contentious than I intended! :redface:

Maxwell Smart put it best when he said, "Sorry about that, Chief!" :biggrin2:

mm

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
madmike said:
Just re-read my post about that Fobus video, and it read quite a bit more contentious than I intended! :redface:

Maxwell Smart put it best when he said, "Sorry about that, Chief!" :biggrin2:

mm
But the point is, CCW no one knows you have a pistol anyway. You could snatch a pistol out of a LEO's duty belt just as easy if he stood there and let you do it.

·
Registered
5,142 Posts
Think Leather:image035:

·
Super Moderator
19,005 Posts
I too like kydex. check for my post on building your own holster , if you cannot find 1 for your gun.

·
Registered
6,011 Posts
LOVE Blade Tech!

hmanphotos said:
I've got a Taurus 24/7 in .45. I'm having a heckuva hard time finding decent holsters for it. I'm currently using a Fobus which I'm not happy with.

What do you all think of Blade-Tech? I found this holster and I think it may work well. Any opinions?
I have lessee...FOUR Blade-Tech holsters: Three are IWB and one OWB. IMHO, my IWB's are among the most comfortable of all my holsters as long as you remember to leave room when buying pants and belts. I have been known to fall asleep in my Lazyboy "DAD'S CHAIR" in the evenings while wearing my Sig P245.:urlaub2:

Here's the great thing: If you need a holster and it's for a gun for which they have no mold, if you send them YOUR gun for them to make a mold (they guarantee not to harm the gun in any way of course) your holster is free.

Also, this is just a personal note, the company is run on Christian principles and there is a little blurb about that on the webpage. All their holsters come embossed with an ultra tiny "fish" which is symbolic of this. I mention this only because a lot of folks don't know this and for some, it's a selling point.

·
Registered
744 Posts
For IWB, I prefer leather but I have a Blade-Tech paddle holster which works very well, absolutely no problems. It's a personal choice, of course. But if you decide on leather, as mentioned earlier, there are many excellent professional holster makers on this forum. Let's not forget Kevin of K&D Holsters. Any of them will do you proud with their work.:smile:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Carry 1911 IWB w/Blade-tech UCH, modified to utilize Velcro attachments. That allows the infinite adjustments required to accomadate different seasonal garmets. Comfort is achieved by finding the "Sweet spot" and allowance for extra waist band clearance. Security of retention and ease of access being among the top requirements for Kydex selection. Sure either Kydex or leather will work, depending on your individual requirements.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts