Defensive Carry banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2 questions

1) how well of a CC gun would y'all consider a Gen3 Glock 19 and a Taurus 605 or 650 357/38 snub nose?

2) I am looking at trading my AR-15 (Plum Crazy Firearms lower/ CMMG upper) for the a G19 and a taurus 605 or 650 (he can't remember the model of taurus of the top of his head but from the pic I think it's one of those model). Y'all think that's a good deal on a trade?

·
Registered
6,020 Posts
G19 and/or 605 would be fine for CCW's. Not sure what that AR-15 model is worth, but you could buy both of those handguns new for under $900 in my neck of the woods, so if you could sell the AR for more than that it's not a great trade.

·
Premium Member
7,276 Posts
Don't know anything about the Taurus but the G19 is a fine CCW weapon.

Can't say if it's a good deal or not. Why do you want to get rid of the AR? Personally, I'd keep the AR and just pick up a used G19 if I needed a CCW pistol, but that's just me.

·
Registered
821 Posts
I also can't comment on the actual values of a trade, but I will say that those two pistols are excellent CCW AND just to have! Nine millimeter and 38/357, what more could you ask for? I have both (actually 2 of the 605 because I liked it so much -- a blued one and a SS one) and what can you say about the G19? Many think it is Glock's best all-around pistol. I got one of those babies, too. Fifteen rounds +1 and just a pleasure to shoot. Good choices. Biggest problem I see is FIGURING OUT WHICH ONE YOU'LL WANT TO CARRY AT TIMES!!! :danceban:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts