Defensive Carry banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know a bulk maker of shoulder holsters that work with red dots? Something along the lines of Galco or Bianchi?

What about custom makers?

I admit it... I'm a full blown fan of red dot optics for *my* carry needs. My aging eyes don't do well with any iron sights. Red dots meet my needs for sighted fire, and point shooting works well for fast close in work, so this thread isn't about whether it's the right solution for others or not...it's the right solution for me.

Finding shoulder holsters that work with optics, though, is a challenge. I have AIWB/IWB/OWB options, but would like a shoulder holster set up as well. Thanks!

·
Registered
4,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
TTT...

Nobody know of an optics compatible shoulder holster, or a custom maker who can build one?

It appears I've reached the end of the internet.

·
Registered
12,739 Posts
TTT...

Nobody know of an optics compatible shoulder holster, or a custom maker who can build one?

It appears I've reached the end of the internet.
WOW, you waited one day???? That is some patience.

There is a 5 year old thread on Glock talk with the same question. Sounds like you need to contact a holster maker for a custom holster.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
As Bob said go custom route. I wanted Galco to reproduce an item they had discontinued and was told that was unavailable so I’m doubting they make a one off item like that. Not nearly as many people using shoulder holsters these days to many negative nillies down playing them thus it’s usually the last thing that gets a new mode or accessory I’m still waiting on Galco to release one I can have a light mounted.

·
Registered
4,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I know this
is a old post but I make them for a light and red dot all the time.

Sent from my Moto E (4) using Tapatalk
Right now I'm wearing the pancake you recently made for my XDS with a red dot... it's fantastic.

I'm considering an XDM-10 4.5" the next time Springfield offers their Gear Up promotion, and plan to mount a red dot on it too. If you make red dot compatible shoulder holsters you'll have me as a customer, and probably for another pancake too.

Hopefully Betsy is all better by then and making holsters won't get too much in the way of that more important family time. :)

·
Vendor
1,567 Posts
I didn't realize that was you ( I'm awful at matching forum Nick names). Betsy is aful sick and having a hard time with eating right now, pretty much living on insure drinks at this point but the doctors keep saying all is looking great as far as the cancer is concerned. She still has till the end of May to go with the chemo do it's going be rough for a while. I am slowly getting caught up but still behind but yes I do make shoulder holsters for reddots aswell as holsters. Feel free to yell anytime. I am having a issue with getting the saddle tan color weather really get now so lean more toward mahogany or black.

Sent from my Moto E (4) using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Mahogany will match well with gray and charcoal suits.

Still a few months away from the next toy purchase, but knowing a shoulder holster is a realistic option for the setup I want it's just a matter of time now.

You and Betsy are still in our prayers. Glad to hear the docs aren't finding anything new, so hopefully this last bit of chemo will be the end of it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts