Defensive Carry banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I went and did it ordered a rafters IWB holster in black cowhide for my 1911 today. I'am really looking forward to it coming I should have it thursday or friday at the lateist. I'am now wondering if anyone here has one of these or has carried a 1911 in one? If so any pics you can post to tide me over until then?:smile: From what I've read about these rigs they appear to be a very good value,and if its as good as thair belt I have I'am in for a treat I think. Well just wanted to share with you all thanks in advance for any feedback guys.

·
Registered
134 Posts
i have one in black sharkskin. their work is very good. their holsters are quite comfortable. they hold their form quite well, i've even inadvertantly squashed mine for a few hours and it came right back to form immediately.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Ordered one for my Springfield yesterday. They said 2 to 3 weeks if not in stock. I added the sweatshield. I have a belt and OWB holster from them and it's nice and comfortable.

Ron

·
Registered
998 Posts
I have a brown IWB with shield from them. It seems to be very comfortable when wearing it around the house, but I never carry my 1911; so, I can't speak to how it wears over the long term.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They said they had a couple in stock for a full size 1911 so I guess I got lucky then. And yep pics will be here as soon as I get it. I was kinda hoping for someone here to post me a pic of thair rafters IWB rig in the mean time,anyone here that can do this? Also would you say these holsters sit pretty low inside the waistband?

·
Registered
6 Posts
This is the only image I can find. It's off of their site.

Ron

·
Registered
6,868 Posts
Can anyone with one of their rigs post of photo of themself wearing it?

·
Registered
181 Posts
I have never heard of this holster manufacturer. It looks pretty good from the picture. Could someone please post their website. I googled it and could not find it. I look forward to seeing the pics of one with a 1911

·
Registered
6 Posts
My IWB holster came in today. They said 2 to 3 weeks and it took 3 days. Here's some better quality pics. I still think I want Kevin at KD Holster to make a show holster with snakeskin also.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Rmagers my rafter IWB rig came today to and is identical to yours. I really like this rig alot its awsome top notch quality and craftsmanship and it rides low and conceals great,its also rock solidly stable to.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I hope to try mine out Saturday. I've been using their OWB until I get time to work with the IWB holster.

Ron

·
Registered
14 Posts
After buying three holsters for my 1911, I have yet to find one that offers the concealibility and comfort I want. I am right- handed, and I like to cross- draw for vehicle comfort and the fact that my cell phone rides on the right. Is your IWB going to be located on your back, or hip?

·
Registered
19 Posts
raftersgunleather.com

I have two owb's from them and they are topnotch. I have one for my kimber .45 and my p7m8. The sharkskin is great and cheap! Great quality for any price!

·
Registered
6 Posts
3584ELK said:
After buying three holsters for my 1911, I have yet to find one that offers the concealibility and comfort I want. I am right- handed, and I like to cross- draw for vehicle comfort and the fact that my cell phone rides on the right. Is your IWB going to be located on your back, or hip?

I usually wear my holster behind by hip. Probably 4:30-5:00. I have a hard time wearing anything at 3:00. I tried the holster to see if it would work, (couldn't wait) so far so good at 4:30..........

1 - 18 of 18 Posts