Defensive Carry banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After doing some research, reading some user reviews, and analyzing my wallet (had to send the CCDW application fee to the state police), lol, I went with the Aker, as I should have my license in 2-3 weeks, and will need a dedicated gun belt. Any of you carriers have firsthand experience using this belt? What caliber? I will be carrying a full size M&P9 in a N8 Squared Pro holster. Thanks ahead of time for any input.

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
I have one. I purchased it because it was so stiff and that's what I was looking for. Great belt. I wish it had holes 3/4 inch apart instead of 1 inch but I can live with it.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have one. I purchased it because it was so stiff and that's what I was looking for. Great belt. I wish it had holes 3/4 inch apart instead of 1 inch but I can live with it.
Sounds good, especially since I will be carrying a full sized pistol.

·
Premium Member
369 Posts
I also have the Aker in basketweave with the internal kydex-I bought it from the NRA store.They are a pretty decent belt-I still use mine occasionally but for the most part I use a Bigfoot 18oz.The Aker is pretty stiff-it will definitely hold the pistol your using.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I also have the Aker in basketweave with the internal kydex-I bought it from the NRA store.They are a pretty decent belt-I still use mine occasionally but for the most part I use a Bigfoot 18oz.The Aker is pretty stiff-it will definitely hold the pistol your using.
Thanks for your post. I was looking at (still am) the Bigfoot 14 oz belt, and will probably get one at some point, but just needed a belt I could have almost immediately as I will be carrying day one when I pick up my CCDW license from the sheriff's office.

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
What do you prefer about the bigfoot over the aker? How stiff is the bigfoot compared to the aker?

·
Premium Member
369 Posts
What do you prefer about the bigfoot over the aker? How stiff is the bigfoot compared to the aker?
I decided to try the Bigfoot due to the stainless steel liner-I had a different brand belt for a couple of years with the kydex lining that actually broke internally-which lessened the belt strength.So far not happening with the Bigfoot.In all fairness the Aker has shown no evidence of cracking yet.

In answering your stiffness question the steel lining is actually more pliable yet fully supporting.

·
Registered
4,189 Posts
Have you tried any belts of med weight leather? Are you sure you "need" a 50.00 belt? I paid $16 for a med weight nylon smokejumpers belt and it works great. Cant wear it with dress clothes but I only wear dress clothes on Sunday.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts