Defensive Carry banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
remora has a buy one get one free deal till midning tonight...so i ordered me a remora for my LCR....

Reactions: Kennydale

·
Banned
1,418 Posts
remora has a buy one get one free deal till midning tonight...so i ordered me a remora for my LCR....
I was looking at their site the other day for my PF9, I don't really care about getting two of the same but I am interested in your feedback so please do advise.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I tried it at length at my FFL, and it's definitely comfy. Can't reholster without significant effort or just pulling out the holster, holstering and then reinserting holster wherever you want. I decided to pass personally, but that's just me.

·
Premium Member
8,782 Posts
I like mine. Very comfortable and stays in place for most of the day. I've had to readjust once or twice during the day, but that's about it - the holster may shift slightly if I have been sitting for a long time and the butt of the gun is pressing against a seat back. But it's a slight shift, nothing like it will fall out or anything like that.

It's great for IWB carry. Most comfortable holster by far.

A very simple solution to a very vexing problem.

·
Registered
933 Posts
I was looking at their site the other day for my PF9, I don't really care about getting two of the same but I am interested in your feedback so please do advise.
I purchased a Remora for my LC9. Very very nice. No regrets.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I used one for a while, very comfortable, and for the price I would recommend it to anyone to try. I also ordered a N82 Pro and its now my favorite. Its more comfortable, especially against bare skin and I like having the clip to keep it in place. The Remora did move slightly and I felt the need to adjust it when getting up and down from sitting. Most of the time it hadn't moved, but it was more of a mental thing for me. It was also difficult to re-holster when practicing my draw at the range or at home. Remora's also a great company with excellent customer service.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I have two Remoras, one for a Glock 19 and another for a Ruger LCP. Both are outstanding. I have a double mag holder as well.

I purchased the partial sweat shield and hyde inner lining. I could not be more happy. I can adjust them however, whenever, and without effort. They have never come close to slipping out, which I was a little concerned about initially since they do not employ clips.

The outer lining feels better to me now that when I first bought it. I think the material breaks in a bit. Also, with the partial sweat shield and hyde lining, holstering is not an issue...I guide it in with my finger and it slips right into place.

I have not looked for another holster since, but tried several before.

Another thing I really like is how nicely they form to a pocket for pocket carry. Even the 19 pocket carries well in baggy pants. I completely forget I am wearing with this holster.

I hope you have the same experience. Like I noted above, once the outer material breaks in a bit, it is very nice. I think I heard someone say they washed the outer lining with a little soap and water to expedite the process. They smell a bit at first, but it goes away soon...probably faster if you wash it.

·
Registered
357 Posts
I have the 2 for my S&W SD40VE. The Reinforced one and the standard one. I can re-holster the weapon easily in the RFT but it is a little harder in the standard one.

·
Registered
355 Posts
I actually had mine fall down my leg in a restroom, luckily it did not hit the floor, (stopped at my shoe), and the other two people in there were in stalls and did not see it, haven't used it since.

·
Registered
541 Posts
I've got one for my compact 1911 and i love it. That being said, with a heavy gun like mine, it's no good without a belt. I've never had the holster fall with anything, but it dang sure pulled my gym shorts down.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Thanks for posting info. I just picked up p238 an was looking for pocket holster and this was great option. I've got a few remora's an mag pouch they get used in rotation depending what I'm doing never had one slip but adjusting getting up from sitting down. Works great in car between seat and center console as well when driving.

·
Premium Member
5,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I ordered a pocket carry one with the remora hyde liner.... my free will be a standard IWB. Should have them in the next few day I hope. Does anyone use it as an inbetween the seats holster for car carry?

·
Registered
541 Posts
I ordered a pocket carry one with the remora hyde liner.... my free will be a standard IWB. Should have them in the next few day I hope. Does anyone use it as an inbetween the seats holster for car carry?
I do. Works incredibly well for that application as well.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts