Defensive Carry banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got done ordering my USP45! I also have enough money to get all the accessories I want for it, Blade-Tech holster, targets and stand, range bag, etc!! I'll post pics as soon as I get it.

·
Super Moderator
13,102 Posts
Oh boy! That makes me want to go shootin'! You bought yourself a great gun! I been thinkin' about selling a couple of Glock 22s and buying a USP45. You're gonna like it! Be patient with the DA trigger; I love the SA trig. Or did you get the LEM? I like it too.

(For my Glock friends, if I sell the two G22s, I'll still have four Glocks and my G17, G19, and G26 ain't goin' nowhere, well except to the range with me! But I may sell the G32. and I'm doin' my best to by a Gen 2 G19.)

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's double action? I don't know much about USP's but I needed a change from my 1911's. all I know is it's a USP45 version 1

·
Super Moderator
19,005 Posts
DA first shot unless ya carry it Cocked and locked. Either way, yer getting a great handgun. (It may take a bit of breakin, but not much. My .40 took about 100 rnds. to clear up stovepiping occasionally.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I ordered 1000 rounds from ammoman.com
this weekend shall be fun

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
been carrying my USP daily for over 4 years, ultra corrosion resistant, reliable, good shooter, accurate, SA DA, will feed any ammo you can find, great gun 12+1. You will love it and never want to go back.

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Sounds good Justin - that is one of the few remaining guns I'd quite like, tho probably have to be content with my SIG - which ain't too hard.

Look fwd to picks and comments after shooting. 1,000 rounds eh - haha - some grinning ahead I'll bet. :smile:

·
Registered
6,748 Posts
You'll love shootin that Iron! I have the Compact in 40 cal. Variant 1 system. shhots very well. I'm sure yours will become a part of you. We're all lookin for a range report on that USP, now that you've told ua you have one :biggrin:

·
Registered
686 Posts
Ahhh...another USP owner...

I love mine, and I don't think I'd ever get rid of it :)

·
Registered
36 Posts
break in ?whats that? :chairshot I have the same USP 45 and I really like it.its more accurate than I am.never had a problem with it, eats all ammo.I have heard of people saying it has a "gritty trigger"can't say I have that with mine.now all you need is a bag full of 12 rounders!have fun!
Rick

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
USP45 said:
now all you need is a bag full of 12 rounders!have fun!
It comes with 2 and I ordered 3 extra 12 rounders. Can't let those mag pouches in the 5.11 range bag stay empty ;)

·
Administrator
143,593 Posts
Great Justin!

You're in for a treat.
You'll love your new handgun. :smile:
Let us know the very day you get it.
I'm sure you will. :unitedsta

·
Registered
940 Posts
USP45 said:
I have heard of people saying it has a "gritty trigger"can't say I have that with mine.
The DA trigger on mine is far grittier than any of my Sigs or DA S&W revolvers - the position between the half-cock shelf and where it starts to fall the last step is quite pronounced and noticeable in a target-type environment.

Now, like tonight where I was practicing with draw and fire exercises (which I purposefully use different firearms and calibers to make sure I'm focusing on point shooting instinctively versus a particular learned laziness with my Sigs), I don't notice it much. It's part of the draw and fire and I don't bat an eye.

If I'm bullseye shooting or plinking at 50m milk jugs, I *do* notice it on DA.

That said, I vastly prefer it to the smaller USP 9s and .40s - there's something HK got right on the frame on the full-size 45s for my hand.

It won't be anything more than a range toy for me, but you never know when you might want a full-sized hi-cap .45 and I figured it was the best of the bunch since Sig won't make a 220 hi-cap.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts