Defensive Carry banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My brother lives in Yamhill County, OR and just had a great experience with their sheriff's department. He said the process was incredibly simple, and from truning in the paperwork, he had his permit in <2 weeks! Now that's what I call good response time. He said the Sheriff and office seemed to be very pro-carry.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Yamhill County is very responsive, I had the same opinion when I got my permit there last year.. Very quick turnaround times and pro carry

·
Premium Member
5,765 Posts
Sounds like the Oregon Sheriff's are on top of things... good to hear it...

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sounds like the Oregon Sheriff's are on top of things... good to hear it...
Well, some of them. You haven 't heard anyone say Washington or Multnomah counties, those would be Portland area. For all intents and purposes, Portland could be seperated from the rest of the state, and everyone else would be happy. Maybe include Corvallis and Eugene (liberal state school towns OSU and UO).

Other than the way way left in those places, the people in OR are great. Similar to WA and Seattle I think.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Interesting, I want to apply for my Oregon CWP but I have been a bit skittish about Oregon. I know how liberal they are. I live in WA state about 25 miles North of Portland and do have my WA CWP. I am greatful for the info on the Multnomah & Washington Counties. You are are right about them most of Oregon can't stand the liberal pocket there. I grew up in Douglas County Oregon and have family there and also travel there fairly often but go to Portland more. Which is why I want a OR permit

·
Registered
254 Posts
Interesting, I want to apply for my Oregon CWP but I have been a bit skittish about Oregon. I know how liberal they are. I live in WA state about 25 miles North of Portland and do have my WA CWP. I am greatful for the info on the Multnomah & Washington Counties. You are are right about them most of Oregon can't stand the liberal pocket there. I grew up in Douglas County Oregon and have family there and also travel there fairly often but go to Portland more. Which is why I want a OR permit
Oregon is gun friendly, even if liberal politically. I recommend you apply to the Columbia County Sheriff if you're in north Clark County or Cowlitz County. There are Oregon CPL classes offered in Portland quite frequently.

CP Lincoln

·
Registered
45 Posts
Oregon is gun friendly, even if liberal politically. I recommend you apply to the Columbia County Sheriff if you're in north Clark County or Cowlitz County. There are Oregon CPL classes offered in Portland quite frequently.

CP Lincoln
Thanks brother! I am in Woodland, South Cowlitz. You pegged it! :king:Columbia County it is.

·
Registered
6 Posts
To get my CCP here in L.A. (lower Alabama), I went to the local Sheriff's office with my valid state driver's license and a $20. The clerk ran me thru NCIS, took my pic, and in about 15 minutes I had my permit, good for 12 months. Looks just like my driver's license, and does NOT reference my weapon (s/n, caliber, etc.)! Quick and easy!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts