Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
4,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seems that the toilet paper issues with the tissues has passed us by, what else is hard to find?

Did see where meat is getting more expensive, and sadly a lot of animals are being killed early due to the politics of the flu.....just calling it like I see it.

So, here is something that was hard to find and we had to shop on-line for, a thermometer!

Cannot believe we paid fifteen dollars for an oral (gotta be specific here lol) thermometer!!! It’s not digital, we have two that we couldn’t find the small batteries for. Got it on EBay, at least with eBay you can specify that you DO NOT WANT IT FROM CHINA!

Oh, and if you do see a find on some .45 ammo, we could use more of that too :wink:

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
Freezer, our freezer was getting old and acting up we went to purchase a new one locally, "sorry sold out" "we don't know when to expect any"...

We got lucky when Mrs. Flh found one a hr. away that was ordered but was not picked up .

·
Registered
5,912 Posts
Decent Sirloin & New York Strip steaks for starters! Spray Lysol, and Whataburger spicy mustard are also hard to find around here!:blink:

·
Registered
8,092 Posts
I have been able to find pretty much everything I need throughout this whole crisis. The caveats are:
  • I have had to search harder to find it.
  • Sometimes I have had to wait a week or two for it, which means I have to plan ahead.
  • Sometimes I have had to pay a bit more, but not too bad.
  • The worst thing is I can't always find the exact brand or type that I want, but I can always find something that works.
This goes for hardware, gun accessories, food, healthcare items, etc. And it all gets delivered. So I can't complain.

·
Registered
4,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Freezer, our freezer was getting old and acting up we went to purchase a new one locally, "sorry sold out" "we don't know when to expect any"...

We got lucky when Mrs. Flh found one a hr. away that was ordered but was not picked up .
Just curious, did they offer an explication as to why all of them were gone? Has the trucking been messed up that bad, or is it just getting the product made? Maybe where they make freezers? (I haven’t any idea)

Reactions: DZUS

·
Super Moderator
16,147 Posts
No problem with gun related products but when it comes to toilet paper, paper towels, face masks and many cleaning products you would have better luck finding an honest politician than them.

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
Just curious, did they offer an explication as to why all of them were gone? Has the trucking been messed up that bad, or is it just getting the product made? Maybe where they make freezers? (I haven’t any idea)
The manager we spoke with at Home Depot said as soon as the news said " Meat shortage " every freezer in the store was sold within a few days , they had quite a few arrive via online purchases, that's how we got one , they did not expect any new arrivals any time soon .

Reactions: DZUS and Sister

·
Registered
863 Posts
Went to the local version of Kroger near the house this afternoon and there was darn little available for meat. We buy meat at Costco and have a freezer, so not much of a worry for us.

Reactions: Sister

·
Registered
33,971 Posts
Went to two Harbor Freights looking for a small air compressor for filling tires and such. No luck! Seems even those are in high demand. Publix still has no paper produces or hand sanitizer items. Bought chicken at Fresh Market but nearly had to bash a rude woman who clearly had no sense of social distancing nor patience.

·
Registered
4,167 Posts

I feel your pain. We had problems with ours back in the winter and I procrastinated replacing too long. Only stand alone freezer I was able to find was a commercial unit priced at $6k. Wound up buying a spare refrigerator with a top mount freezer. Extra space in the fridge will come in handy and the small freezer will hold enough for us.

I was told basically panic buying. Local appliance store said they were told not to expect anymore until early to mid summer. On the lighter side, there will probably be a lot of lightly used freezers for sale in the next couple years.

·
Registered
4,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
.... nearly had to bash a rude woman who clearly had no sense of social distancing nor patience.
So why didn’t you just cough on her like you did so good with the fellow at the grocery store a day or so ago? If anyone, you know how, your like....my covid idle :yup:

·
Registered
33,971 Posts
So why didn’t you just cough on her like you did so good with the fellow at the grocery store a day or so ago? If anyone, you know how, your like....my covid idle :yup:
He annoyed me, she stepped on my tripwire.

·
Registered
33,971 Posts
She probably just wanted to be close to you....
People normally don't.

Tread lightly.
I can see someone calling the cops on you and accusing you of assault with a deadly weapon.
In today’s climate, I can see some over zealous prosecutor pushing it to a grand jury
Hardly.

·
Registered
33,971 Posts
Oh, one other observation: Went to my newly reopened diner today. Few there, but the omelet was as good as ever. And no one wore a mask. No refills on coffee, fresh mug each time.

1 - 20 of 83 Posts