Defensive Carry banner

21 - 40 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Around here TP is still scarce at the stores. Fortunately we have several cases from before this fiasco.
Additionally, when the TP shortage began, I bought a bidet. A month at home using it regularly (no pun) I am sold on them.
Meat was gone from the stores. Again, freezer to the rescue (no TP in the freezer). Plus an arsenal of Spam.
I've always stocked up on things we will always use when able.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
I didn't get my lower dentures made after having my teeth pulled because they were supposed to fit them a few times over a nine month period. I was due to get my second fitting when the virus hit. The temporaries work pretty well enough though and I use them when I have to eat something that is too tough to gum.

·
Premium Member
6,697 Posts
No toilet paper, paper towels, or facial tissue at our Publix for the last 8 weeks.

Beef is getting a little scarce. Price on chicken keeps going up.

·
Premium Member
7,121 Posts
I didn't get my lower dentures made after having my teeth pulled because they were supposed to fit them a few times over a nine month period. I was due to get my second fitting when the virus hit. The temporaries work pretty well enough though and I use them when I have to eat something that is too tough to gum.
YOU TOO? Gramps has had to wait all these weeks for his final time to go in for impressions for his upper plate - after having all his remaining (front top) teeth pulled. He is managing with the top partial but his top lip is getting so sunken in it is sad to look at him! Not until later this month can he go in for what hopefully will be the last impression, but then it will be more weeks to wait. He is EIGHTY-NINE years old this week. He doesn't have a lot of years to keep waiting for teeth!!!!!!!!!!

About everything else we need has been available although not always exactly the brand we prefer, but that's true in more normal times also.

·
Registered
8,408 Posts
Zyrtec allergy medicine back ordered by Costco. I have enough for another month, but I suspect all drugs are going to be in limited availability for awhile.

·
Premium Member
7,121 Posts
Yeast. Powdered or dry milk
I saw on the Kroger web site that they are now carrying a new brand of powdered milk. But that's in our area. Your results may be entirely different - and probably are. Actually, our Kroger store seems to have been pretty well stocked in most things throughout this mess - IF you go very early in the morning. If you wait until mid morning or later, it's a different story.

You know you can make sourdough bread which doesn't require store bought yeast.

·
Premium Member
3,960 Posts
Yeah, yeast and powdered milk are gone around here. I hadn’t thought of freezers or compressors as being a problem but I’m not surprised. Vitamins, foegitaboutit. Then, of course, all the expected stuff like paper goods and canned soups (at least the best kinds).

IPA, red wine and gin supplies are holding up well. Pork chops, not so much.

I’ve gotta go out for PT today so I’ll grab some chicken n waffles for supper. Woo woo woo.....likes me some chicken n waffles. As for dental work, my dentist is very motivated to get me in the chair to complete some implants. He’s paid for the inventory of two new molars with my name on them (not literally I don’t believe) and when I spoke with him he sounded anxious. That’s what nobody needs, an anxious dentist.

·
Registered
33,889 Posts
Yeast. Powdered or dry milk
I don't think they even sell powdered milk here. I haven't had it since I was a kid who visited family friends who drank it (Carnation). It was all they could afford, and I'd always gag the first few drinks. But then I'd get used to it for the duration of my visit, leave, and start all over again on the next visit.

What was hated then is a fond childhood memory now. Funny how that works.

Reactions: Sister

·
Premium Member
2,219 Posts
Seems that the toilet paper issues with the tissues has passed us by, what else is hard to find?

Did see where meat is getting more expensive, and sadly a lot of animals are being killed early due to the politics of the flu.....just calling it like I see it.

So, here is something that was hard to find and we had to shop on-line for, a thermometer!

Cannot believe we paid fifteen dollars for an oral (gotta be specific here lol) thermometer!!! It’s not digital, we have two that we couldn’t find the small batteries for. Got it on EBay, at least with eBay you can specify that you DO NOT WANT IT FROM CHINA!

Oh, and if you do see a find on some .45 ammo, we could use more of that too :wink:
Still no hand sanitizers or disinfecting sprays around here. Hydrogen Peroxide and nitrile gloves are hard to find but they have been restocked a few times. TP is getting easier to find though.

·
Registered
2,837 Posts
Went to two Harbor Freights looking for a small air compressor for filling tires and such. No luck! Seems even those are in high demand. Publix still has no paper produces or hand sanitizer items. Bought chicken at Fresh Market but nearly had to bash a rude woman who clearly had no sense of social distancing nor patience.
Do you have a Tractor Supply in your area? They have compressors and are usually pretty reasonable.

·
Registered
33,889 Posts
Reactions: Sister

·
Registered
2,837 Posts
TP is still a little scarce but I have been able to find enough without hoarding it. Hand sanitizer is still tough to find. Got some delivered from Amazon the same day Ocean State got a bunch in. The disinfectant wipes are still non existent anywhere. Might have to make my own pretty soon. Meat has been OK but a little pricey.

21 - 40 of 83 Posts