Defensive Carry banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw a forum member with "ex member" as a title and the avatar said "Failed troll". Whats up with that? I didn't see anything in the sticky thread about such a title...The person's status was online.

I know there is an infraction system is there also a "marking" system?

just curious :twak:

·
Administrator
21,096 Posts
EX Member = a banned member.

As for the avatar, we mods are allowed to have fun every now and then. Usually we do this so other members will take into account the "nature" of the poster when reading their posts.

You'll see a few members with a "My Little Pony" avatar as well.. :evillaugh:

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
gotcha

Thanks

·
Administrator
21,096 Posts
Bashing all 1911's is perm-ban to failed-troll :buttkick:

:haha:
It goes waaay beyond that.

It's like I told someone else that got a recent infraction.

If people would do two things:

1: Learn from their infractions/warnings
2: Not act like a jerk after getting an infraction

No one would ever get banned here. It's repeated BAD behavior, I don't mean the occasional flare up, political joke, etc. It's being a real jerk that does it
In other words, when the staff tells you to do something, and you do the complete opposite with a stick up your but and the middle finger waiving in the air, don't expect to be around long.

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Bashing all 1911's is perm-ban to failed-troll :buttkick:

:haha:

Yup thats the avatar I was talking about.

It goes waaay beyond that.

It's like I told someone else that got a recent infraction.

In other words, when the staff tells you to do something, and you do the complete opposite with a stick up your but and the middle finger waiving in the air, don't expect to be around long.
I know what your saying. I slip up sometimes but the language filter catches it. I try not to let my temper get me since I know its just a forum.

DC is the most strict and heavily moderated of any forum I have ever belonged to but its not unreasonable. Plus if I can follow the rules enough to make it to 600+ posts then anyone can. :hand10:

·
Registered
687 Posts
I Love that this forum i so strict. Almost all other forums degrade into Keyboard Wars and Gangs of Members attacking new ones.

How often to people get banned?

·
Administrator
21,096 Posts
I Love that this forum i so strict. Almost all other forums degrade into Keyboard Wars and Gangs of Members attacking new ones.

How often to people get banned?

Other than the spammers?

Not so much. This week has been busy though.

About 30 non-spammers since August, but some/most of those have been repeatedly banned members that try to sneak back in. I'd say 20ish is the correct number of people not accounts banned.

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Other than the spammers?

Not so much. This week has been busy though.

About 30 non-spammers since August, but some/most of those have been repeatedly banned members that try to sneak back in. I'd say 20ish is the correct number of people not accounts banned.
Well there you have it. When the Administrator says permanent ban he isn't joking and if you follow the rules its awful hard to get banned. :wink:

·
Premium Member
20,045 Posts
Well there you have it. When the Administrator says permanent ban he isn't joking and if you follow the rules its awful hard to get banned. :wink:
There have only been two members that have been banned and then had their bans lifted. One turned out to be a good member and the other got banned again. We have no such thing as a "temporary ban". Once you're gone, you're gone. I am not of the opinion that people change that often although we have had some change their behavior while here....

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
I saw a forum member with "ex member" as a title and the avatar said "Failed troll". Whats up with that? I didn't see anything in the sticky thread about such a title...The person's status was online.

I know there is an infraction system is there also a "marking" system?

just curious :twak:
In the case of this individual it was much deserved....he was looking for trouble and "full of it" and he found it. See ya...would'nt want to be ya.

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
In the case of this individual it was much deserved....he was looking for trouble and "full of it" and he found it. See ya...would'nt want to be ya.
So is this what really happened to Grecko45?

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I think the question has been answered I don't want this thread turning into a show and tell thread about ex members.

Thanks JD and Bumper for answering my question you can close this thread if you want.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.