Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
18,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The vermin hanging around the office is getting out of hand. People high on drugs, vagrants, and lawlessness.
I had about all I could stand a few minutes ago and decided to get western.

The security guy guy leaves at 4:30 and is afraid of these people, and the police have been here numerous times with no changes, no arrests or anything resembling taking control of the property.

After a female worker was harassed by several guys hanging out in an ally area by our office, I had enough and went out there and ran them off; and I will tell you up front, I was not nice about it.

If this society does not learn that political correctness and being “ nice” does not get the job done, then we will not prevail over this decay.

Yes, I put a boot to one, and pushed another one. But they are now gone.

Here is what kind of crap they leave behind.
5A85FE0E-4FD4-4DC3-A505-41C8891B343A.jpeg A02E46EB-FFF9-41FE-ACA3-D5C877F3EE89.jpeg

I will I’ll be here until 7:30, when the last worker leaves the office.
Enough is enough.

·
Registered
8,177 Posts
I know this is easier said than done because I have had to do it multiple times in my life. But sometimes it's time to move.

To paraphrase the late great comedian Sam Kinison: "You don't need help...you need a U-Haul brochure!"

·
Registered
18,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know this is easier said than done because I have had to do it multiple times in my life. But sometimes it's time to move.

To paraphrase the late great comedian Sam Kinison: "You don't need help...you need a U-Haul brochure!"
I work here, not live here.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I think he might have meant leave Central Kentucky. Or big picture, up and move to a nicer area.

I left Los Angeles 2 and a half years ago. Did t want my kids growing up in that environment, growing up to be liberals like some of my siblings.

I've moved to a nicer part of Texas. It's no paradise, but better than LA.

Sent from my moto e5 play using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,936 Posts
Used needles, 305 cigarette butts, and empty "Natty Ice" cans are sure signs of drug user reprobates! There was a convenience store chain where I used to work that quit selling Natty Ice, 305 cigarettes, and Choreboy scrubbers because according to their corporate management it attracted a demographic of customers that they did not wish to have around their stores. BTW, it worked!

·
Banned
705 Posts
We have the same problem in Colorado Springs. It's exacerbated by people (who really do have good motives) enabling the behavior by feeding them. Colorado Springs is overrun with homeless camps. They dump their trash on the ground, they bathe and crap in the same creek, how there's a hepatitis outbreak. They rape and kill each other but it never makes the news because they're homeless. The cops come and run them out of the camp and they move a mile down the creek and set it all up again.

·
Registered
2,880 Posts
We have the same problem in Colorado Springs. It's exacerbated by people (who really do have good motives) enabling the behavior by feeding them. Colorado Springs is overrun with homeless camps. They dump their trash on the ground, they bathe and crap in the same creek, how there's a hepatitis outbreak. They rape and kill each other but it never makes the news because they're homeless. The cops come and run them out of the camp and they move a mile down the creek and set it all up again.
Yup- We are the same up here in Boulder. The vagrants now have a 24 hour circus going on the plaza immediately through the wall from where the City Council meets, plus the Mayor and City Manger's offices.

·
Registered
18,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I think he might have meant leave Central Kentucky. Or big picture, up and move to a nicer area.

I left Los Angeles 2 and a half years ago. Did t want my kids growing up in that environment, growing up to be liberals like some of my siblings.

I've moved to a nicer part of Texas. It's no paradise, but better than LA.

I live 30 miles from here, way out in the country.
No way am I leaving my home.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
I guess that's the good thing about where I live in Texas, it's just too dang hot and humid for anybody to just hang around outside for to long. It's like an outdoor steem room. A person really needs to get inside somewhere and soak up some air conditioning.

The "homeless" people you see begging for money at the big intersections in my area have been seen walking to an adjacent parking lot after their "shift" was over and get in their nice late model cars and drive off to their nice house in a descent neighborhood. 🤔

·
Registered
18,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I applaud your intent, but...if things get violent, you could be seen as the instigator.

If you still have contacts in the local LE community, maybe ask them for help, if you have not already.

I’d suggest deleting this thread. And recording any future encounters.
I understand what you say, but I am within my rights here. They are the trespassers engaging in unlawful activity, and as such I’m not having it.

I don’t know any of these new guys in uniform and really don’t care to. The standard of policing has apparently dropped to new levels.

We are on our own as a law abiding, tax paying , hardworking society. If we don’t stand together against this type of crap, no one else is going to help.

I never thought I would feel this way, or make that statement, but that is where we have arrived.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I live 30 miles from here, way out in the country.
No way am I leaving my home.
I get it, was just making sure you understood what he meant by move.
Me personally home is where I make it. I'll move for work, or to follow kids and grandkids.

·
Registered
18,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Serious question: Do "No Trespassing" signs have teeth in Kentucky? If so, could that get the vagrants gone under threat of arrest?

Or maybe some variation of "if you no got business here, you no be here?"
Yes and know. The state rents this building, but it’s hard to enforce trespassing in an area that is a traveled area or cut thru.

And, by the time the police arrive, they are gone. The police prioritize calls, so Tresspass 3rd is low on the call list.

·
Registered
18,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
It’s your employer’s property, not yours, so that may have some bearing on whether a trespassing justification would work, from a legal perspective.

Just be wary, as the road to hell is paved with good intentions.
Well, they can call the police on me too. It works both ways.

And they can wait around for them to show up.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts