Defensive Carry banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife gave me a visa gift card to purchase a holster. I'm open to some suggestions. It'll be for my Glock 19 and 23.

I'm looking for a close riding OWB that has level 2 retention. I've looked into the model that Aker puts out, but it is being redesigned for some flaws. DeSantis makes a similar model that I posted on DC but it only got one reply and it was a negative review. Safariland makes a model with a thumb release, but it doesn't look like it'll conceal well.

I already have a Serpa, but it doesn't conceal well. I am also looking for a wide stance so that it is stable on the belt. I already have thumb breaks, I'm looking for an open top design. And the Bianci carry-lock is activated by the middle finger. I'm not a fan of that.

So, I'm all ears. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

·
Registered
5,327 Posts
Sounds like maybe slim pickins. If you plan on going concealed...a highly boned OWB pancake should provide enough retention. for CCW

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
I have the Carryloc for both my G23 and my P228 and I have tried a lot of different holsters over the years and I have found nothing better than the Carryloc. The lever is placed in such a manner that it is just natural to hit it during a normal draw. There was no "learning curve" to it, it just felt right, if you know what I mean. The only negative is that they are made for a limited amount of guns. But it is the best CC holster I have used to date.

NCH

1 - 4 of 4 Posts