Defensive Carry banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I have decided to go with OWB carry until such time as I have lost some weight and bought new clothes.

So my question is, with all the excellent holster makers on the board here, who would be the best choice, given I carry a Kahr P9, and would prefer as high a carry as is practical, with the option of easily removing the holster from the belt (I am going to get a new belt for carry purposes)?

I know this is hard, but if it were easy I wouldn't bother asking.

Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
I always forget the names but go check http://www.kdholsters.com/ - and go to the OWB page - you'll see a rig which has belt snap loops for easy on/off - I use an Eagle Defender which stays on all time.

Of course Gary, Mark and Eric will also have their offerings too. I just happen to be more familiar with Kevin's stuff - even if I forget rig names :wink:

OK - save you effort - go to this page straight off. Laredo Defender is the one - and one or two folks here IIRC have that.

·
Registered
791 Posts
I also have one of Kevin's Eagle Defender holsters for my Glock 23. I use it as my around the house holster as I normally carry IWB when I'm out and about. The Eagle Defender is well made, as expected, and holds the gun close in tight. When I wear it I can pretty much replicate where my Cochise Defender IWB carrys the gun. It's a little further away from the body when I draw but not much.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I would recommend maybe looking at Desantis. They make a range of holsters, including OWB, that ride a little higher. They also make a paddle holster for easy removal.

I purchased one after talking to one of the cops I work with. It is comfortable to wear and use. It does take some breaking in but all holsters do. Desantis also tends to be somewhat less expensive than other holsters that I looked at, if that is an issue.

Anyway, they have a website you can check out.

·
Registered
569 Posts
If you are looking for a cheap way to go and figure out if owb will work for you I would recommend ordering a Fobus paddle holster. It sits right good cant and is so easy to put on and off. You can get one for about 35.00 on ebay. Then if that works well for you to carry owb spend some good money on on of them mentioned above.

·
1952 - 2006
1,371 Posts
I recommend Sam Andrews Hybrid Saddle holster. www.andrewsleather.com without the thumbstrap.

I believe Bumper will back me up here and say that this is one of the finest, most comfortable OWB holsters made.

·
Registered
4,087 Posts
do not go cheap!!!! look at the galco brand. then look at other named brand holsters. cheap holsters are a pain in the butt and do not work.

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
Kevin's snap on OWB is the Laredo Defender, looks to be a winner from everything I've heard. His Eagle Defender with belt slots would be similar in attachment to Brommeland's Def-Con (which I'll be ordering soon myself). I'm not familiar with the model names of Mark Garrity and Matt Del Fatti but they'd also be top quality gear.
Jack

1 - 13 of 13 Posts