Defensive Carry banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been trying to find a good holster for my Sig 226. I know most people say that anyone can carry a full frame auto, but I want to make sure it doesn't print when I carry. I am 5' 10" 170 lbs. (on the thin side, right handed) so you can see my dilema. It must also be comfortable to wear when I drive.
Any suggestions on a holster setup?
If you have pics.... please post.

Thanks in advance.

·
Banned
13,684 Posts
I like my DeSantis Speed Scabbard and my MTac Minotaur for my P220 actually. I'm 6'1" and 200lbs...just about right but with more above the belt line lately (again). Holster/pistol position will be key in making things work right and not "printing". I pretty much need to tote my SIG IWB or OWB at 5 o'clock whereas the Glocks I normally carry go around the 3-3:30 spot. It may have a lot to do with holster cant, and grip size/angle. A lot of variables involved, and for some a long search, and others a compromise. Those that are more "skinny" around the waist should look more into the best belts IMO. I do believe that most CAN carry a full frame auto....it's just where, and how. Don't get discouraged.....challenge is good, and I know you can do it!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have found in local shops that most do not carry holsters for my Sig. I ordered a couple of different holsters online (cheaperthandirt and masterofconcealment). I figure that I can try a couple of different to see what I like and if all else fails.... sell what I don't like on gunbroker or ebay. Looks like it may be a trial and error thing, but I will find the setup that works.

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
Go with a Pure Kustoms. Worth every penny.

P.S I'm even willing to reccomend Rocky's holsters even though he has a bash on liberals in his sig :)

·
Banned
275 Posts
Iwb/owb

+1 for Pure Kustom.
Rocky makes great stuff. Well worth the money.

There is also:

K&D
Garrett has a hybrid kydex/leather that is great

Good luck!

·
Registered
4,469 Posts
Rocky's Black Ops is the way to go

·
Premium Member
7,703 Posts
Milt Sparks VersaMax-II