Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently picked up a P-226 and was curious if anyone uses one for conceal carry. If so, what method! IWB or OWB and which holster?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9,894 Posts
Big heavy gun ..I would use OWB or a shoulder holster ..I normal use a OWB leather rig with cover shirt ..But you could go IWB but would need a good holster and lose pants

Reactions: mikesMP9c

·
Premium Member
5,957 Posts
I don't now, but have concealed a P226 quite a bit in a White Hat Maxtuck IWB holster and a Wilderness tactical 5 stitch instructors belt. I carry a P229 daily now, simply because the extra length of the P226 muzzle would get in the way of my wallet in my RR pocket with some of my jeans. The 229 gets carried in the same setup.

Reactions: 5lima30ret

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Big heavy gun
It doesn't seem big and heavy until I put it next to my Shield 9. Lol I wanted to get a full size 9 just because, not for CC. I was set and ready to order a full size M&P 9 but I came across a deal I just couldn't pass up on the 226. After shooting it I really like this gun and wanted to see if anyone uses one for CC.

·
Registered
4,240 Posts
I have carried my wife's a few times. I don't have a 226 holster that works well for me and probably won't get one because it is the wife's gun. It can be carried easily enough.
I am not a Glock fanboy, but a G19 has the same capacity in a smaller package at half the price.

Reactions: 5lima30ret

·
Registered
4,240 Posts
I have carried my wife's a few times. I don't have a 226 holster that works well for me and probably won't get one because it is the wife's gun. It can be carried easily enough.
I am not a Glock fanboy, but a G19 has the same capacity in a smaller package at half the price.

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Used to.

Had both P226s and MK25s. IWB with Milt Sparks VMIIs.

I now carry full size USPs, 9 or 45.

It isn't as easy as your Shield, but is by no means hard.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The Glock 19 was actually one I did have on my list. However, I picked up this like new 226 for less than I could buy a used G19 for. It was one of those things that I couldn't pass up knowing I could turn around and sell for a lot more.

·
Registered
9,894 Posts
The Glock 19 was actually one I did have on my list. However, I picked up this like new 226 for less than I could buy a used G19 for. It was one of those things that I couldn't pass up knowing I could turn around and sell for a lot more.

What model and year ? Usa or German ...Triple date coded ?

They are great guns ..

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Built at the end of 96 with very few rounds put through it. Says frame made in Germany. Does that mean slide is made in the U.S?

·
Premium Member
5,957 Posts
Built at the end of 96 with very few rounds put through it. Says frame made in Germany. Does that mean slide is made in the U.S?

If the slide is stainless, it's probably a US built pistol. If it's German, it will have markings like this on the frame, slide, and barrel.

p220-2012-barrel.jpg

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
I'm a bit of a broken record here, but I'd go with a cheap Uncle Mike's AIWB. It's much easier to conceal a full size gun with an appendix carry; I regularly carry a 1911 AIWB and it's invisible.

·
Registered
423 Posts
I'm a bit of a broken record here, but I'd go with a cheap Uncle Mike's AIWB. It's much easier to conceal a full size gun with an appendix carry; I regularly carry a 1911 AIWB and it's invisible.
I'm not going 100% AIWB with my full size gun (don't have the build for it) but am carrying in about the 2 o'clock position for that very reason. It's easier to conceal the closer you get to AIWB. It wouldn't be very comfortable, but a good holster is everything.

·
Banned
1,972 Posts
Glock for CC duty or you may even want to consider a sig 320

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
It's a big heavy pig. That means it's a dream to shoot and a pain to carry. I carry a P229R sometimes but only OWB with a heavy belt. I can't imagine trying to IWB it for any length of time. I know some people do. And many more people claim they do. But for me, if more capacity can be had in a thinner and lighter package then I'll take it.

The P226 is big and heavy when compared to many other guns but the terms by themselves are subjective. What's big and heavy to me might not be to someone else.

I laugh at the NCIS TV show when the little supermodel girl pulls out the fat Sig she's been miraculously hiding all day in her skin tight outfit.

·
Premium Member
5,957 Posts
Always gives me a chuckle when someone asks for advice about concealing a certain gun, and then people post why he should carry something else because they can't/don't/won't carry that gun.

Reactions: texasBB and Havok

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
I told the OP how i sometimes carry a similar size/weight gun and I didn't tell him to carry something else.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I dont own a SIG but I can carry other full size gun using AIWB incog holster... no prob ����

1 - 20 of 54 Posts