Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys i've been researching this little gun for weeks now. My wife could pick one out of a crowd before I even bought one. She called it the "noisy cricket" A little joke from the Men In Black movie. I knew all about mag issues, safety issues and the recall. I also know there is no 380 ammo to be had online or in NE Ohio. I still had to have one and after handing a few in person I bought the "Blackwood" tonight. Not without a little attempt at bait and switch from the dealer. "Sorry sir that version of the gun is sold out you will need to purchase the much more expensive version" We made a deal after my hour drive and I left happy.

I have noticed a few people mentioning a shortage of spare mags, from what I have heard the colt mags will work better than the Sigs. Most of the gun failures I have read about were mag related so I went online tonight and ordered a few to test. I ordered a 7rnd with a pinky rest to try also. Sig has NONE so that's not even an option. They are saving the few they have to replace the untested junk they shipped with the first batch of guns. I'm not bashing Sig as I love their Kool aid but from what I hear they dropped the ball. Even knowing this I still invested. I have owned a 225, 220Sport, 226, 232 and to me they are right up there with HK. I'm headed to a gun show in the morning in search of ammo but i'll try to post more info when it's available.

CD

·
Premium Member
5,765 Posts
Congrats on the new pistola! :hand10: But as you know:

:worthless:

·
Registered
7,421 Posts
I like that little Sig too. I'll pick one up next year once all the bugs have surfaced and been worked out.:bier:

·
Registered
2,753 Posts
I saw a couple of P238s at last month's gun show and now wish I'd gone ahead and bought one. Really a slick little handgun. I've already got a Kel-Tec P-3AT for pocket carry, but this falls into the "I think I really want one" category, especially since I'm a 1911 EDC kind of guy.

Are the Colt magazines the same ones that the Mustang uses?

·
Registered
756 Posts
P238's look like awesome little guns. Let us know how it works out for you.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry it took so long to get pics. The one thing I noticed with this sig is no spent casing. Anyone know why?

Attachments

·
Registered
90 Posts
Congrats,

Once you get ammo let us know how it shoots, mine seems a little high and to the left, but maybe its is just me.

·
Super Moderator
50,585 Posts
Nice looking little gun, our gun shop still has not had one in to 'handle'...congrats on the purchase.:hand10:

·
Registered
5,327 Posts
Sorry it took so long to get pics. The one thing I noticed with this sig is no spent casing. Anyone know why?
Sig probably cant find .380 ammo either. LMAO:rofl:

·
Registered
213 Posts
because even Sig can't get any .380 ammo?

·
Registered
563 Posts
Congrats! Mine was afflicted by the mandatory upgrade and I sent it back to Sig. It has been flawless ever since. I sent back in the box one mag that had the feeding problem and Sig sent me back two mags to replace it and another for my troubles.

I absolutely love this gun, you made a great choice!

The Blackwood Grips look great, that's why I decided to put rosewood grips on mine.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks guys. Did anyone manage to get one with the first run of aluminum grips? I heard they went to plastic that looked like aluminum after that and now wood. My serial is in the 3800 series and just arrived at the dealer this week so maybe we're out of the woods.

I bet sig sends a guy to Walmart every night at 2 am to check on ammo just like us. lol

·
Registered
756 Posts
Those are some great looking guns.

·
Premium Member
7,703 Posts
That little BUG is growing on me! :wink:

·
Banned
19,639 Posts
I have a problem with a cocked and locked SA gun in my pocket. Too easy for the safety to be snicked off.

We've had two in the shop, nice little piece but if they'd made it DA/SA it would have been a better choice for pocket carry IMO.

Brownie

·
Registered
22,908 Posts
I dont think Sig has made the pistol available in MA, NJ or CA. Therefore, they are not required to ship the spent case with the gun.
I'm glad when there is less garbage for me to toss out when I buy a gun.

·
Banned
2,095 Posts
I have a problem with a cocked and locked SA gun in my pocket. Too easy for the safety to be snicked off.

We've had two in the shop, nice little piece but if they'd made it DA/SA it would have been a better choice for pocket carry IMO.

Brownie
Agreed. I can't carry my Kimber Ultra CDP II in my wife's SmartCarry for that very reason. The CDPs have an ambi safety, and my clothing often snicks off the safety. I once found a cocked and unlocked gun in my pants. :theyareontome:

If I want to use the SmartCarry, I will need to switch to a standard safety.

I love my Sigs and I love my 1911s, but that 238 combo simply looks too dangerous to me.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts