Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up a new P365 "tacpac". Same price as the regular P365, X-Ray sights all the usual.

The tacpac came with 3 12 round mags and a SIG holster. Don't care much about the holster, but figured for the same price, 3 12-rounders vs 2 10-rounders made sense.

I've shot the gun with both 10 and 12 rounds, and obviously the 12 round is easier to get a grip. I can shoot the 10 rounders OK as well.

But what about concealment? Should I pick up a 10 rounder or 2? With or without the pinky extension? Or is the 12 really just about as easy to conceal as the 10s?

Obviously the 10 rounders will conceal more easily than the 12 rounders but I'm curious to know what the folks here generally carry in their P365s and whether it is worth the cost to pick up a couple 10 rounds or its just a waste of money.

As an aside, the tacpac seems like a nice bonus, but I probably would have preferred SIG give you the standard 2 10 round mags and then the "free" one was 1 12 rounder, rather than 3 12 rounders.

·
Registered
966 Posts
Jerome - I grappled with the same issue and decided to go with 10-rounders with the pinkie extension. For me it doesn't print any more than the flush fit in an AIWB holster, but it gives my average sized hands a place for that pinkie finger. I've got three of them and three 15-rounders for reloads and IDPA matches when I want to shoot in the SSP division. My goal is to shoot the IDPA Classifier match in the BUG division with the three 10-rounders, just to see if I can make Expert in the new 5x5 match.

Good luck and good choice in a fine weapon.

·
Registered
452 Posts
How are you going to carry the gun? IWB, OWB, pocket, other? If it's pocket, you'll probably need a ten rounder for it to be pocketable. In a belt holster, the twelver would probably work. And you could try the twelver and see if it prints. If it does, buy a tenner or two.

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
As with most folks, I like the slightly more secure grip w the 12 rounder. It's unlikely that the printing is a major diff (it isn't for me).

That said, if I pocket carry, it's got to be the 10 rounder, or I have trouble removing the weapon from my pocket.

Enjoy that new P 365!

·
Registered
966 Posts
djw1945 - very good observation. At some point we're all going to die. Would you rather suffer through months of pain with some hideous cancer or go out in a righteous gunfight. I'll take the gunfight and hope I prevail; if not, I hope I at least land a few rounds on target.

·
Premium Member
6,172 Posts
I think that's going to be a judgement call on your part, @Jerome10 !

I have both 10- and 12-rounders for my P365's. Obviously, the pistol will conceal slightly better with the 10-rounder, but I have pretty big hands (XL gloves), and I find the gun feels & shoots SO much better with the pinky-rest 12-rounders, I'm sticking with them most of the time. Might still use the smaller mag if I found that it made a difference with certain clothes, in particular circumstances, but it hasn't happened yet!

LOVE the P365! :yup:

·
Registered
488 Posts
I think that's going to be a judgement call on your part, @Jerome10 !

I have both 10- and 12-rounders for my P365's. Obviously, the pistol will conceal slightly better with the 10-rounder, but I have pretty big hands (XL gloves), and I find the gun feels & shoots SO much better with the pinky-rest 12-rounders, I'm sticking with them most of the time. Might still use the smaller mag if I found that it made a difference with certain clothes, in particular circumstances, but it hasn't happened yet!

LOVE the P365! :yup:
If you use 12-rounders, have you considered getting the 365 XL grip module - it's only $40 or so online. You'll just need the XL mags to work with it.

·
Registered
159 Posts
I carry a P365 MS with a 10 round magazine in a Bianchi Model 100 (Size 11) IWB leather holster. It is virtually invisible, even under a T-shirt or other summer weight shirt. I also find it to be exceptionally comfortable to carry in this combination whether doing active physical chores or running errands in town. The weapon is easy to draw and I like the way it fits my hand with the 10 round mags. I had not considered or tried the larger capacity mags due to my satisfaction with the 10 round mags that were supplied with the weapon when I purchased it. I have a slim build (5'10", 160 pounds, 33 inch waist) and what I consider to be average sized hands.

YMMV

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
The flush fit 10 round mage is so easy to conceal, that that is what I use. My back-up mag is a 15 round. I use 10, 12, and 15 for range use, just to keep familiar with all of them. But, just do what seems to work best for you!

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
This IS DC....you buy 3 10 rounders to go with the 12 rounders !!!! WTH is wrong with you guys......

·
Registered
4,155 Posts
I run the flat 10 rounder because I carry my P365 in my pocket sometimes. I also shoot it well as I curl my pinky finger underneath the base plate, similar to how I do with subcompact Glocks.

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
Having handled the 12-round XL model, I personally would go with the 12 round XL model. Really no bigger than my 9mm Shield. Hopefully it won't spin in your hand when you shoot it like the one I handled. The tritium sights made it quick and easy to get multiple rounds on target, but a larger diameter grip would be nice for my average sized hands.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I would pick up at least one 10 round magazine just in case you need it. Personally I carry with the 12 round magazine in a DeSantis Nemesis pocket holster. Fits well in my cargo pants pocket. I carry a 15 round magazine as a reload in the DeSantis mag packer. Enjoy shooting your P365.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I agree with the above, get the P365 XL GRIP MODULE. I started out with the regular 365, which I still pocket carry. However, I love having the full three finger grip, and so bought a P365XL as well. P365XL is perfect for me- full grip, still very concealable, flush fit 12 rounds, and carry a spare 15 rd mag. Lot of firepower in a very small package!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
OP Here.

Appreciate the suggestions. Gonna look for at least a 10 rounder. The points made are definitely valid.

·
Registered
5,902 Posts
I regularly carry the 12 rd mag in my P-365. I don't notice any significant difference (I carry OWB) and I actually find that it conceals better than my Shield which surprised me! I still like my Shield and shoot it slightly better w/ the 8 rd mag than the 7 rd mag. Good luck!

Reactions: Tundra5.7
1 - 20 of 22 Posts