Defensive Carry banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up a P365 a few months ago and have put a few hundred rounds through it with zero issues.

However, I have noticed that each time I field strip the gun for cleaning that the recoil spring is a little bit out of position where it touches the notch on the barrel. It is not firmly seated in the notch, it is always raised up a bit and slightly off to one side.

To the experts here, is this acceptable / normal or do I need to contact SIG? I don't think I've seen this with either Walther or my Ruger.

I honestly don't even know if it is possible that this could "fall off" the barrel when the gun is assembled, or whether this is an issue that could cause malfunctions etc.

Tried to illustrate in these photos. When I reassemble the gun, the recoil spring (green) is fully set into the barrel notch (red), basically the red and green are touching. But when I disassemble, you can see the recoil spring is no longer full set into the notch.

Figure 1: Out-of-Position

Figure 2: Out-of-Position

Figure 3: Same as Figure 2 - no editing

Figure 4: Correctly Set when Assembled

·
Registered
G19/4 - P365 - TX-22 - G42 (for now)
75 Posts
Mine doesn't do this -- send pictures to Sig would be my suggestion. If it's good-to-go then YOU are satisfied.

·
Registered
34,726 Posts
IMO, you're making a mountain out of nothing. The RC assembly does not stay on that spot on the barrel lug when recycling. That notch, same as on a Glock, is for slide assembly purposes--to keep the spring in position during reassembly. Once the slide is on the frame, the flange on the recoil spring assembly will rest on the frame. It does not stay in the lug notch.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Gave em a ring. CR rep said pretty common question. Little movement is within spec and when the gun is assembled the grip module puts pressure on the spring and actually pushes it back into the barrel lug. Normal.

OldVet you are right....it is a mountain out of nothing! Ha.

Appreciate the feedback!

·
Registered
34,726 Posts
Gave em a ring. CR rep said pretty common question. Little movement is within spec and when the gun is assembled the grip module puts pressure on the spring and actually pushes it back into the barrel lug. Normal.

Appreciate the feedback!

·
Premium Member
1,303 Posts
This happens with other pistols too. The recoil spring does not stay exactly where we think it should, but finds place to "seat" working with the rest of the assembly as it moves in reaction to a shot. My P239 exhibited this.

·
Registered
182 Posts

Appreciate the feedback!
Just for your piece of mind, it was worth checking with SIG. 👍

1 - 9 of 9 Posts