Defensive Carry banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
8,115 Posts
@Litespeed: I was speaking of the basic Glock design, not any particular model, just as I was speaking generically about 1911's and .38 snubbies. I think all three basic designs will never go out of favor.

·
Registered
226 Posts
@Litespeed: I was speaking of the basic Glock design, not any particular model, just as I was speaking generically about 1911's and .38 snubbies. I think all three basic designs will never go out of favor.
Agree that the Glock design works well with all sizes of their handguns. I love 1911s and still own, shoot and sometime handload for them, although I no longer carry them. Never owned a .38 snubbie for some reason and I don't really know why. I've handled them in gun shops and shot those of friends and family members and always admired them. Just never bought one. Yet.

Yes, Glocks along with 1911s and snubbies will be around for as long as there are American handgun shooters and as Martha Stewart likes to say "That's a good thing".

·
Registered
3,857 Posts
After a few more days my wifes pleased with her new EDC a P365XL not the mini version and I get my Kimber Ultra 9mm back as a small carry option . If you like a p365 great get on with your carry life . I could easily deal with the XL as its a good shooter but have no interest in original model with its two finger grip with standard mags .

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Isn't that the gun you said the grandson bought FOR his grandmother and that she was going to go to shoot it on Tuesday? NOW, no mention of the woman at all - just your impressions of the gun which isn't even yours. Interesting.
Grandma didn't like it after shooting it Sunday and gave it back to the grandson. He likes it. Her grandson and I went out to the range Tuesday. He shoots my Shield better, but is satisfied with his new P365XL. He'll be looking at the Hogue grip cover for it. I like the gun, but doesn't fit my hand very well. If the Hogue gives it enough extra to hold on to, I might consider trading up. As is, I don't like to have to fight to straighten it out after every shot.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Agree that the Glock design works well with all sizes of their handguns. I love 1911s and still own, shoot and sometime handload for them, although I no longer carry them. Never owned a .38 snubbie for some reason and I don't really know why. I've handled them in gun shops and shot those of friends and family members and always admired them. Just never bought one. Yet.

Yes, Glocks along with 1911s and snubbies will be around for as long as there are American handgun shooters and as Martha Stewart likes to say "That's a good thing".
I agree Glock and their products will be around for years to come, but I would put them in the same category as 1911s and revolvers in general unless we're only talking about popularity wise.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Personal preferences are a wonderful thing! The only thing I don't like about the P365 (not XL) is the difficulty in dropping an empty, flush fit 10-round magazine. I carry with that magazine, but it requires manipulation (and time) to get my hand away from the magazine to allow it to drop free. Not perfect, but that is a price for trying to live with a subcompact pistol.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I’ll be trying out the P365 and the Hellcat side by side this week. I already have a VP9SK, so going larger than either of these two makes no sense for me. I’m looking for exactly what these offer: as small as possible with good capacity.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
114 Posts
It doesn’t matter what any of you say...the most perfect all around best combination of features, ccw handgun is still the Glock 26. There I said it ;-)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
672 Posts
It's amazing the subtle differences that make all the difference between one weapon and another. I loved the feel of the P365XL when I picked it up, so I bought it. I really fell in love with it when I shot it - soft shooting, accurate, and a natural point for me. That doesn't mean I'd rather shoot it than my 1911 Gov't Combat, just that I'd rather carry it. Having a gun you like? Great! Having choices? Priceless!!

·
Registered
609 Posts
Picked up a 365XL a couple months back. 450rds through it. When the importance of concealment is at hand, it is my go to choice. Yes, it does have a small grip, but that's one of the reasons I like it. I put a Talon grip ($20) on it and have zero issues with it jumping around in my hands. For reference, I wear a size Large glove and they always fit tight when new. I carry AIWB and it literally disappears under a T-shirt. No printing. The night sights that come on it are great and, unlike a Glock, I have no desire to change them out. The flat trigger...love it. Came with 2 12rd mags and I purchased 2 15rd mags @ $50 ea, on the high $$ side. Accuracy is spot on. It comes optic ready with a RMR cut out slide (cover plate included). I don't shoot pistols with red dots, but if that's your thing your ready to go.

Honestly, I think it's kind of ugly, but that little guy has really grown on me. For its intended purpose, for its size and how many rounds it holds (I've never owned one this small that will carry that many), the accuracy...I couldn't be happier. If I had to buy it again, I would in a heartbeat.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts