Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
I don't that's for sure. The barrel's short enough already (ports shorten the effective length of the barrel I believe).

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
I don't that's for sure. The barrel's short enough already (ports shorten the effective length of the barrel I believe).
It would be interesting to see a muzzle velocity comparison between the ported and unported versions. Another aspect would be to see how it affected night-fire.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Just not following this one. The night sights on the standard P365 models are already very low profile, and nicely rounded on the edges. But I'm sure they'll sell a few.

·
Registered
8,170 Posts
I'm dying to try that sight.
I don't see how it would work geometrically. It's like having a sight radius of 1". It would seem to me you could see the sights as lined up when the barrel was not. I know red dots can do that, but I am puzzled by this configuration. Maybe there is something about that system I don't understand.

·
Registered
34,057 Posts
I'm dying for the report. I'm having a tough time getting fired up over a peep sight (?) on a defensive handgun.
My son has a Ghost sight on one of his Glocks and says he likes it. I'm sure it's an individual thing.

·
Registered
6,263 Posts
My son has a Ghost sight on one of his Glocks and says he likes it. I'm sure it's an individual thing.
My claustrophobia kicked in with that camera shot down that long green tunnel.

·
Registered
34,057 Posts
My claustrophobia kicked in with that camera shot down that long green tunnel.
I must say, I shoot my old Win Model 72 better with its peep sight than with its scope at any reasonable .22 range.

Reactions: Doghandler

·
Registered
6,263 Posts
I must say, I shoot my old Win Model 72 better with its peep sight than with its scope at any reasonable .22 range.
I love peeps on a long gun but on a night like this it's all pistol with open sights; I can't see squat, even under a close to full moon because of the canopy.

·
Registered
6,263 Posts
It's a cheep phone camera and those pics were even under a 100 lumen headlamp assist. Actual vision is much better but it's still open sight territory.

·
Registered
12,741 Posts
It would be interesting to see a muzzle velocity comparison between the ported and unported versions. Another aspect would be to see how it affected night-fire.
My ported Glock reportedly loses about 50 FPS. The ports on the Sig are a lot smaller though. You are going to lose some velocity to be sure.

·
Registered
682 Posts
I like the original P365. But there is not one thing on the SAS that interests me or even seems necessary on a carry pistol of it's size. Personal opinion, of course. Others may feel differently and that's the beauty of the market today, many choices.

·
Registered
3,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I don't see how it would work geometrically. It's like having a sight radius of 1". It would seem to me you could see the sights as lined up when the barrel was not. I know red dots can do that, but I am puzzled by this configuration. Maybe there is something about that system I don't understand.
I do not completely understand it either. I have read that it is similar to a red dot. In the video, they said to just use the dot for short point shooting and to line the dot in the circle for longer shots. Could the size of the outer circle in relationship to the size of the dot allow for greater accuracy without sight radius being an issue? I.E. A smaller outer ring would be more accurate and translate to a longer sight radius with irons compared to a big outer ring being equal to a short sight radius with irons?

1 - 20 of 42 Posts