Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, i have a p89 got a good deal on it, do you think it will be possible to carry this concealed, if so where do you think. I know its a biggere gun, i would like to be able to carry on my belt line hopefully

·
Registered
236 Posts
Hey everyone, i have a p89 got a good deal on it, do you think it will be possible to carry this concealed, if so where do you think. I know its a biggere gun, i would like to be able to carry on my belt line hopefully
I have a P85 that I have carried IWB. Carried under a coat, vest or untucked shirt it concealed fine with a good holster and belt to hold it in snugly.

The butt is big and is the hardest thing to conceal, On any gun, the butt will stick out the most. Since you already have the gun, adjust your clothing style and body motion to conceal. [applies to any gun actually].

·
Registered
716 Posts
I have carried a p89 IWB and OWB it concealed well. 4-4:30ish. You just need something to keep it tight against you. I would suggest an IWB rig. Supertucker Highnoon and others make good rigs for this gun; actually I carry mine in a cheap uncle mike's; so a good holster would make concealment a good bit easier. I am 6'0'' and have weighted 290# currently 298# I can still hide this gun in my waist line even as it wastes away!

·
Premium Member
5,765 Posts
Congrats on the new pistola... Anything can be carried concealed. Stay with IWB holsters that will hold the butt of the gun close to your side... With a good cover garment, it won't be any trouble....

·
Premium Member
24,511 Posts
Not really any larger than a full size 1911, I don't see any trouble carrying it concealed with the right rig.

·
Registered
4,286 Posts
:congrats: Great gun & reliable :bier: I CC a P95 somtimes, Got
about a thousand rounds with no problems & accurate :wink:
H/D

·
Banned
13,684 Posts
You know what........I keep seeing threads centered around the Ruger P series pistols. I know it's for good reason. I had a P89DC back when. Excellent pistol. In a way I still wish I had it today, but we all make decisions in life and live with them.
Well, where there's a will, there's a way. My P89 came long before I considered CC, and years before it was even available in my state. My P89 was totally reliable. I figure for the size and magazine capacity, anyone would be hard pressed to find something similar in such a light and functional package. I generally don't get the chance to give kudos to other makes of pistols in my experience other than the ones I currently own and for good reason. Glocks and SIG. So...you might consider this as a rumor, but Ram Rod speaks well of the Ruger P series pistols. For what purpose is best left to those who currently own a Ruger P series. Thing is, I think the P89 can be carried concealed effectively and the best person to find out is you. If it were me carrying today with my former P89, it would be SOB carry, and I seldom think of that now since I've been better accustomed to carrying all of the time and concealing. I have nothing bad to say about anyone's carry choices or options, because I know if they are serious about it, they'll find what's best for them in due time, or they will grow and progress into other means and methods. If you were looking for a quick, short answer to your question, then yes........yes you can, and I'm sure many others are doing it.

·
Registered
10,071 Posts
Nice gun that can be carried with the right set-up. The Ruger P89 and P95 are reliable and accurate and as durable as they come. You'll enjoy it. I've got the P95 (very similar) and you'll find it to be a solid staple in your collection.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ya everywhere i take it to shoot, people are amazed how accurate i am with them. I do have a cheap uncle mikes holster right now. but what are these other ones. i've never heard of them before. sorry new to carrying concealed

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
I sometimes carry a P94 in an IWB without much trouble.
Also very comfortable in a Bianchi 7 Shadow (OWB) that I found on ebay. :ahhhhh:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
where would the best place to be getting these holsters at? What are these types you guys speak of i want a IWB set up i believe, i just don't know what type of material and fit

·
Registered
829 Posts
I have P89 and love it, it is my home defense pistol but I have trouble carrying it without a coat on or good cover shirt untucked... it is the thickness that get me but I have not worked at it... since I carry others and prefer single stacks...

a good holster and good belt you should be able to pull it off...

·
Registered
376 Posts
When I carried my P95 I used this homemade rig

It is based on the AKJ Cocealco model

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
alright its starting to become more clear, so obviously i'm going to have to get a "loose" fitting pair of jeans, and wear a belt, this way gun has room to fit, and i can put the belt on to tighten her up. i think......

·
Registered
237 Posts
I carry mine with a crossbreed supertuck. They are right about the grip being the hardest part to conceal. I have had my P89DC for about 15 years or so and never once a FTF.

·
Registered
287 Posts
I carry a p95 all the time,not a big difference in size.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts