Defensive Carry banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

P99

2K views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  hummel 
#1 ·
Any ideas on one of these for concealed carry and/ or target practice?

9mm or .40?

(Common you THR\'s- time for the 9mm war to begin!!!)

#3 ·
Compromise…357 sig. :p

Actually I carry 9mm, 40, and occasionally 357 sig (interchangeable barrels are cool). Originally I was a 45 man, but when I bought my Glock 23, a compact Glock in 45 wasn’t available. I consider getting one at times, but I am now quite comfortable with the 40, so I haven’t gotten around to it.

In others words, there are several calibers I feel comfortable carrying so I usually don’t take sides in the caliber wars. I’m a uniter. :D

#5 ·
Don\'t get me wrong I also occasionally carry the 9mm (occasionally) and the .40 quite a bit. I like them both, especially the .40. The ..45 is like an old friend, however, and I always feel a little naked without one of them with me :)

#10 ·
Sorry- I have a one month old...

...free time is nuts.

I came home with the P99QA 9mm in OD.

I was the only one in stock for MILES around.

I put 100 rounds through her on Sunday AM, VERY nice.

I was going to wait for the .40, then realized the ammo was almost twice as much. I have a 642 that I carry when not at work, and this is going to be primarily a range gun, so cost is/ was a factor.

I also wasn\'t sure about the QA, but I found that I really like it. I need a holster that I can carry her in. I bought an Unlce Mikes cheepo (what they had in stock), but want somehing a bit better/ nicer.

I have a Don Hume JIT for all my other toys, and really like them. Is this a good idea on the QA? Should I get something with a strap? Or not, since the QA is always \"live\", like a Glock ,and I run the risk of it getting stuck in the trigger guard and shooting myself in the foot?

Any ideas?

#12 ·
I bought a QA in .40 and really liked it. So I went back and bought the standard P99 in 9mm to use for IDPA. The 9 is SO much cheaper to shoot. It eats just about anything. I\'m buying Blazer 9mm aluminum case for 3.86 a box at Academy, and the gun seems to like it. I have a Fobus paddle (sux), an Uncle Mikes Kydex paddle (better) and best is a Comp-Tac paddle. Same holsters, both guns. The .40 magazines are a little hard to find, but I think a 16 rd 9mm with the feed lips spread a little would work, haven\'t tried it yet. I intend to carry the QA (more stress friendly IMHO), and train with the 9mm. Good luck with whatever choice you make.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.