Defensive Carry banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am not clear on the need for a picture on an application for a non-resident CCL. It looks as though I don't.

Would not like it to bounce back because of this.

Thanks Bill

·
Registered
190 Posts
Just got mine about a month ago. No pic required. The actual permit you will get has a place for a pic, but printed in the space is "no picture required" (or something similar).

·
Registered
541 Posts
wow, I wasnt aware of that, here in TN our hand gun carry permit looks like our drivers license, only it says handgun carry permit

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
My non-res PA says"valid without photo".

·
Premium Member
24,511 Posts
I happened to be in PA when I got my PA non-resident permit. The photo was optional, but without it you needed to have a picture ID with you as well as the LTCF whenever you carried.

·
Registered
16,094 Posts
I'm from PA and they take your picture when you apply for the resident permit. I find that odd that we need the pic, but non-residents don't. But I find a lot odd (lol).

·
Registered
44 Posts
I was a resident, and actually still own a home there and am currently in PA. My CWP is PA although I now have a Georgia DL. I'm guessing that the PA-CWP is no longer valid but does anyone know?

·
Registered
359 Posts
I find it odd that the permit is a flimsy piece of 20# paper.

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
I'm from PA and they take your picture when you apply for the resident permit. I find that odd that we need the pic, but non-residents don't. But I find a lot odd (lol).
PA has not yet instituted a Statewide form for licenses.
The law is in place for one but it's still in development. :frown:

Some counties have been doing laminated photo licenses and some
counties still do a plain paper license.

My county gave me both. :icon_neutral:

·
Super Moderator
50,603 Posts
Maybe it's just me, but I'd want my pic on it...eliminates a lot of potential problems. IMHO:yup:

·
Premium Member
24,511 Posts
You think that is odd, in VA a resident permit does not require photo's, but a non-resident must provide 2 photo's with their permit application.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts