Defensive Carry banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in AZ, but I visit PA often, and my AZ permit is not honered there, could I get a none- resident permit? What all is involved?

·
Registered
729 Posts
I got mine in 8 days, just copy the app. off packing.org, get a passport photo and send them a copy of your current ccw license plus a check. Mine was here before the check cleared! Also, use Centre County, the sheriff is extremely pro CCW.

·
Registered
822 Posts
Yes, very easy (and inexpensive) to obtain. Just send them a copy of your permit, their paperwork and $20 and you will get it in about a week.

Wayne

·
Registered
199 Posts
Does the permit allow you to carry in Philadelphia?

·
Registered
569 Posts
Took me exactly one week to get mine from them. As long as you have a permit in your state you send a copy, photo and twenty bucks and they take good care of you.

·
Registered
822 Posts
I have both the PA and the NH non-res. Not too many recongize Oregon because Oregon doesn't recongize any other states.

Wayne

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks guys, i sent off for mine today, hopefully i get it before june 22, i am flying to philly on the 23rd to visit family in lancaster.

·
Registered
602 Posts
40S&WMAN said:
thanks guys, i sent off for mine today, hopefully i get it before june 22, i am flying to philly on the 23rd to visit family in lancaster.
If you sent your application to Centre Co you can expect your permit in about one week. That office is really easy to work with.

·
Registered
822 Posts
Florida no. Florida won't accept ANY non-res permits except it's own. I think that it will cover GA. I know that one of mine, either the NH or the PA covers GA. I use www.packing.org to find out.

Wayne

·
Registered
418 Posts
Ensane,

You are allowed to carry in Phila. PA has a preemption law where localities can not make laws more restrictive than the state's laws.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Received Non resident PA CCW

WOW! Sent my wifes and myselfs application in 8 days ago and now have in my hands a PA Non resident CCW permit. Thanks for all the information I received from here..:banana:

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Florida's permit is available easily, and covers Pennsylvania, and many more states. If Penn is the only state you're interested in, then the Penn permit is the way to go-quicker and cheaper. But, Florida's covers the following states:
Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, Colorado, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Indiana, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia and Wyoming.
Michigan and New Hampshire honor Florida permits held by Florida residents only.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Pa vs FL

Squawker said:
Florida's permit is available easily, and covers Pennsylvania, and many more states. If Penn is the only state you're interested in, then the Penn permit is the way to go-quicker and cheaper. But, Florida's covers the following states:
Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, Colorado, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Indiana, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia and Wyoming.
Michigan and New Hampshire honor Florida permits held by Florida residents only.

We travel rather frequently into PA. Her family lives there. We thought about the Fl permit. But wasn't sure if that was the process and money that we needed to go. For now, the most states we travel in are covered except Oh.. Fl would be nice to have. Didn't know how hard the process was..

1 - 16 of 16 Posts