Defensive Carry banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,578 Posts
I don’t carry on the course. Have a bag full of the original weapon.

Reactions: DZUS and CWOUSCG

·
Registered
4,537 Posts
I've never played golf, I'm guessing a untucked shirt is frowned upon.
Assuming a tucked in shirt is required and thats not sufficient deterrent, Smartcarry or pocket carry.
As far as threat assessment or anticipated risk ...
I anticipate I'd rather defend myself against a threat with a Glock (pistol) than not.

Reactions: DZUS

·
Registered
41 Posts
Assuming a tucked in shirt is required and thats not sufficient deterrent, Smartcarry or pocket carry.
I anticipate I'd rather defend myself against a threat with a Glock (pistol) than not.
Not that tucked is required but an untucked shirt could ride up during the swing and cause an unintended reveal.

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
I'm guessing a untucked shirt is frowned upon.
I'm lucky enough to be just a good ol small town country boy as were all my golfing buddies (mostly fellow firefighters).

We never played golf at any of the big city, ritzy, fancy azz country clubs. We played at all the small city golf courses in a about a 75 mile radius, and I only recall seeing a handful of people wearing tucked in shirts in the 20 something years I played.

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
Played golf 4 days ago. Carried my Shield in a strong side owb close riding leather holster.

You're worried about exposure? The people you play with don't know you carry?

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #32

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Reminds me of a guy I heard about when I was young who went duck hunting from a small wooden rowboat and had an accidental discharge and blew a hole in the bottom of his boat and sank.
I believe that one is the limit on rowboats.

·
Premium Member
5,919 Posts
There are few places I don't carry on my hip. The bathroom at home is one, the golf course is another.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
The first time I've carried while playing was when I simply forgot to remove my Sig P238 backup pocket gun (Nemesis pocket holster) from my weak side pocket (I had removed my 1911 from my hip in the parking lot and secured it prior to the round). After not realizing it until about 5 holes into my round, I just left it there to see how it would affect my game. Zero impact. Now I carry it. Admittedly, it's easier in the cooler months when I'm not wearing golfing shorts made from lightweight performance fabrics which cause it to flop around a bit, but it's still not noticable. I've also done it with my 642 in the same Nemesis with similar results. I can't imagine ever needing it on the course, but you could say that about anywhere you go, including just staying inside your own home. Always carry.

Reactions: rlggray

·
Registered
41 Posts
Played golf 4 days ago. Carried my Shield in a strong side owb close riding leather holster.

You're worried about exposure? The people you play with don't know you carry?
No one knows I carry. It's concealed. Stays concealed. Will never be un-concealed unless it's going to get used. And I never talk about it (except here)...!

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
No one knows I carry. It's concealed. Stays concealed. Will never be un-concealed unless it's going to get used. And I never talk about it (except here)...!
I don't tell random people but my best friend is who I play golf with and he knows.

·
Registered
5,802 Posts
I don't golf, but the friends I know who do conceal carry in their golf bag. A 12 pack, pint of whiskey, etc.

·
Registered
327 Posts
I play a lot of golf, and I see no reason to carry differently on the golf course than anywhere else. For me, that's right front pocket carry with either an LCP or a S&W Airweight. I usually wear cargo type pants, so I have plenty of pockets for other stuff.
I would no sooner put my SD gun in a golf bag than my wife would put hers in her purse---to difficult to access and too easy to get separated.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I carry my LCP in my pocket at some courses,but usually put it in the golf bag,always the same pocket in easy reach.

21 - 40 of 40 Posts