Defensive Carry banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...went in to call the White House and take a shower, and as I lay my .45 and spare mag/pouch on the back of the phone booth, I watched my spare mag slip out and head for the water...not wanting to spill my coffee, I didn't even try to deflect it...
...taking it apart to clean/dry/oil it, I found it full of RUST...

...I've cleaned my primary mag a few times, when I cleaned my weapon, but guess what I forgot...how many times my nylon pouch has been wet with sweat and I do eat a LOT of salt...pitting on the spring plate, follower, and body of mag on the bottom lips...cleaned up OK but I figured while laughing at me, y'all could deep-check your mags, too...if it saves just ONE child, it's worth the self-humiliation...

...even Ruger stainless mags will rust...

·
Registered
4,467 Posts
ha! Thanks for the reminder. I think you did the right thing, coffee is a beast to clean up.

·
Registered
4,401 Posts
Yep....they all to often get neglected....really by most every one of us.

·
Registered
6,587 Posts
Which water did it fall in - shower or White House? Either one will clean the excess salt out of it.

I will not laugh. Not too loud anyways. I lost 2 cell phones after a swim in the commode (the phones, not me, lol).

·
Registered
7,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
...you gotta know that answer...laugh...precious little to laugh about these days...but go check yer mags...
Which water did it fall in - shower or White House? Either one will clean the excess salt out of it.

I will not laugh. Not too loud anyways. I lost 2 cell phones after a swim in the commode (the phones, not me, lol).

·
Premium Member
6,582 Posts
Hey, wait a minute!

Snub, are you Badey's friend? The one who dropped his mag in the fish tank last week??? :hand5:

·
Premium Member
766 Posts
When i read the first sentence i was thinking wth is this guy talking about calling the White House lol.

Around here we call it dropping the kids off at the pool... And taking the Browns to the Super Bowl is another popular one.

·
Registered
86 Posts
lol, havent done that yet, but worry about it every time I pull my pants back up.............

·
Registered
36,326 Posts
One of the reasons I try to clean the magazines with each gun cleaning, particularly on carry guns, is to avoid this sort of thing. Who knows at what point it would become "gritty" enough in there to begin failing. Bad juju, fairly easily avoided by regularly disassembling and cleaning.

Good reminder. :eek:k:

·
Registered
680 Posts
Add Vanish, flush a couple of times, shake dry, oil, reinsert into mag pouch.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts