Defensive Carry banner

21 - 40 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
8,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
@G26Raven - There is something I'm confused about. I live in Missouri and the deaths reported here are almost 700 - not 16.
That one's off for sure, and I will admit I did not check every number presented. According to the COVID-19 Dashboard by the Center for Systems Science and Engineering web sit, the actual number for Missouri is 683 deaths as of this morning. I checked about the first 6 on each side and the numbers were all higher as I mentioned. My bad for not checking every single number.

Reactions: OldChap and nj709

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
Newsom managed to help keep the death rate down in his state, but people there appear to be pretty fed up with how far he wants to go with keeping everyone on lockdown. Individual counties also have some very tight restrictions. You might have seen the video of the guy who was paddle boarding out in the ocean by himself? And, of course, Newsom did not send C-19 patients to care facilities for the elderly.

We are going to northern California soon for my wife's youngest brother's funeral. They will only allow 10 people at graveside, including the priest and cemetery official. My wife comes from a huge Catholic family. There's no way they can accommodate all of the family members who want to be there as well as his numerous friends.
I doubt Newsom had much to do with the lower numbers. I attribute it to the lack of public transportation. CA people love their cars. Very few of them jam into crowded busses and trains. Even in Las Angles cars are the chosen transport. The Bay area had more cases and are the only place in ca where not owning a car does't seem odd. That's just my own observation but compare other cities of the same size and that's the difference I could see. DR

·
Registered
462 Posts
That one's off for sure, and I will admit I did not check every number presented. According to the COVID-19 Dashboard by the Center for Systems Science and Engineering web sit, the actual number for Missouri is 683 deaths as of this morning. I checked about the first 6 on each side and the numbers were all higher as I mentioned. My bad for not checking every single number.
Okay great. Just wanted to be sure I wasn't missing something.

Reactions: G26Raven

·
Registered
8,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Reactions: nj709

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
The stats are very telling. Perhaps the extreme lockdown has something to do with it. Maybe it’s not what should have been done?

In Texas, our notorious former rep and former failed presidential and senate candidate Robert Francis O'Rourke (the Irishman who identifies as Hispanic) has come out blasting our governor for starting to open up the state. Beto wants to keep everything locked down, so he and his merry band of libtards can control everything about our lives. Fortunately Beto’s 15 minutes of fame are up and he has no say in anything at this point.

But this has clearly turned into a liberal tactic - keep everything locked down - vs the conservative approach which is to strategically open back up. And the numbers are pointing to this not working well for liberals.

·
Registered
6,694 Posts
Sorry brother...I thought I wrote this. I must have been dreaming!

Prayers for your wife and family and for you as you travel. Stay safe.

·
Registered
Various
15,483 Posts
It may also involve luck. Washington and Oregon both have communist governors with similar populations and similar lockdowns. Washington has almost ten times the deaths and confirmed cases of Oregon.

·
Premium Member
3,897 Posts
West Virginia...72 deaths for the entire state during this epidemic.

G26Raven, I'm so sorry about the passing of your brother-in-law. That's hard no matter what, but much harder for the family right now.

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
Newsom managed to help keep the death rate down in his state, but people there appear to be pretty fed up with how far he wants to go with keeping everyone on lockdown. Individual counties also have some very tight restrictions. You might have seen the video of the guy who was paddle boarding out in the ocean by himself? And, of course, Newsom did not send C-19 patients to care facilities for the elderly.

We are going to northern California soon for my wife's youngest brother's funeral. They will only allow 10 people at graveside, including the priest and cemetery official. My wife comes from a huge Catholic family. There's no way they can accommodate all of the family members who want to be there as well as his numerous friends.
I'm very sorry for you and your wife's loss. You will be in our prayers.

·
Registered
4,509 Posts
GRaven I’m so sorry for the loss in your family, condolences to you and your wife.

I got angry at reading your first post, it’s so obvious that this whole thing is being used to financially send our money to the democratic states. Then I got unangry cause I know G_d is in control. I trust Him, sure do have difficult time dealing with the crazy making from people.

·
Registered
5,636 Posts
Comparing a disarmed populace response in Germany, or Nazi occupied countries, and the effectiveness of it all, to the response of a people allowed guns as a condition of life, is not quite the same thing. The United States is unique in the world in that regard.
You think people who are turning in their neighbors today would stop turning in their neighbors when the state comes around to disarm?

·
Registered
8,023 Posts
Even with better numbers, the connection here is obvious. People who live in crowded cities are more likely to be both Democrats and victims of COVID. Population centers have long been more liberal and statist, and therefore Democratic, than other areas because they are more dependent on the government for services. The herd mentality crowds together. They are more at risk for COVID because they have less social distance. And so states that are controlled by their big cities tend to Democrat and have high COVID rates. I'm sure there are some other factors, but the big city factor pretty much tells the story.

There is also a racial disparity with COVID, with blacks being more likely to get it than whites. That has the same cause. Blacks more often tend to live in cities than whites and therefore, on average, have less social distance and a higher likelihood of being Democrat. What is sad and predictable is that the liberals are using these disparities to create conspiracy theories and also use COVID to highlight all the ills they perceive in society.

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
You think people who are turning in their neighbors today would stop turning in their neighbors when the state comes around to disarm?
If nothing else this virus has proven Stasi tactics work, both with the populace and the police.

I have no doubt there are forum members who would give up their AR/AKs if the cops showed up at their front door.

·
Registered
942 Posts
It's okay. It's hard to trust any of the numbers thrown out and around today by anybody. Used to be Baseball was the pastime of America. Now it seems to be throwing out numbers, predicting numbers, quoting numbers, adding up numbers, making up numbers, juggling numbers, ignoring numbers, existing as a number, ...........
Sorry for your families loss. Take care

·
Registered
16 Posts
Not sure which way FL leans politically on any given day, I guess it depends if one lives in the country or in a city. I can tell you this much, all the big cities in FL where our liberal part-time residents from up North live have the highest rates of the virus in the state.

I just saw this chart this morning and checked the numbers for today. As the chart was assembled on May 19, the numbers are obviously a bit higher today, May 24. I don't care whether you call it liberal vs. conservative, or Democrat vs. Republican, you've got to admit there is an interesting difference here. in fact, you could say the disparity is downright alarming. I can think of all kinds of reasons why these numbers are the way they are, but I don't think anyone can completely explain it as there are just too many variables.

Full disclosure: I self-identify as a constitutional conservative.

View attachment 327696

Note: I checked the numbers against the Covid-19 Dashboard which is update daily.
https://www.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/bda7594740fd40299423467b48e9ecf6

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Remember that those numbers are artificially inflated. Deaths that would normally be attributed to cancer and heart disease were artificially (violation of normal cause of death determinations) attributed to death by Corona instead of death with Corona. And many of the NY deaths should also be murder by Cuomo sending infected patients to nursing homes to murder off the drain on NY wasteful spending.
The County Coroner issued a report that really did a good job of breaking down the numbers in our county. 609 deaths in the county this year and 34 were from covid-19. He told how many people were on hospice and how many had been in long term care facilities. The number of men and women and whites and blacks and Latinos. Which towns the people were from.

Then some woman named Zoe comments that the hospitals are paid to claim that ALL of the people who die are covid-19 patients. Because she knew for a fact that a friend's friend's cousin's uncle died from gun shot wounds and they counted it as covid. Then her boyfriend knew a guy who knew a guy that had been told that one of the vehicle accident deaths was counted as covid.
I asked Zoe why then were there only 34 deaths counted as from covid out of 609? I think we all know a Zoe who believes every conspiracy theory that comes along.
But like Zoe will tell you this is all just one big conspiracy anyway that this many people die every year. Don't try to tell Zoe that these deaths are in addition to the normal number of deaths every year. Because she got the facts straight from a friend's friend.

·
Registered
6,694 Posts
No. I do know what police think about mass civil disobedience though. And I have been around a few discussions of what they would do IF that mass civil disobedience turns uncivil - like with guns.

Compare how many police there are in the US to the population who own guns. Even if a small percentage decide enough is enough, there will be very little the police can do.

·
Registered
792 Posts
Regarding policing funeral gathering size- police have been relying on people to report on their neighbors. It worked well in Nazi controlled Europe, not just in Germany. My grandfather was a citizen of the Netherlands when a neighbor called the SS to report where his family was hiding.

The part that infuriates me is that these people feel morally superior about themselves for reporting on their neighbors for playing in the park, having 11 people at a funeral, kids playing in the street, etc. The level of authoritarian subjugation should give people pause the next time they want to hypothesize about a civil uprising.
And what goes around comes around. If there is such a thing as justice "The Rats" will get their just dues sooner or later.

·
Registered
8,023 Posts
No. I do know what police think about mass civil disobedience though. And I have been around a few discussions of what they would do IF that mass civil disobedience turns uncivil - like with guns.

Compare how many police there are in the US to the population who own guns. Even if a small percentage decide enough is enough, there will be very little the police can do.
I've said this before, but few get it. The advantage the police and National Guard have is organization. If the opposition is not organized, the authorities can take individuals down one by one no matter how many of them there are. And that organization is not going to just appear out of nowhere.

·
Registered
462 Posts
The County Coroner issued a report that really did a good job of breaking down the numbers in our county. 609 deaths in the county this year and 34 were from covid-19. He told how many people were on hospice and how many had been in long term care facilities. The number of men and women and whites and blacks and Latinos. Which towns the people were from.

Then some woman named Zoe comments that the hospitals are paid to claim that ALL of the people who die are covid-19 patients. Because she knew for a fact that a friend's friend's cousin's uncle died from gun shot wounds and they counted it as covid. Then her boyfriend knew a guy who knew a guy that had been told that one of the vehicle accident deaths was counted as covid.
I asked Zoe why then were there only 34 deaths counted as from covid out of 609? I think we all know a Zoe who believes every conspiracy theory that comes along.
But like Zoe will tell you this is all just one big conspiracy anyway that this many people die every year. Don't try to tell Zoe that these deaths are in addition to the normal number of deaths every year. Because she got the facts straight from a friend's friend.
Don't be too hard on the Zoes of the world. Like the rest of us, they don't really know what to believe. We just pick a set of facts ( from the many sets available ) and hope there is some actual basis for them. The only number I trust for sure is the number of "Made in China" products I will knowingly purchase going forward. I would share that number with you but I imagine it is not necessary to do so.

21 - 40 of 83 Posts