Reactions: gatorbait51

·
Banned
12,069 Posts

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Gotta find a blame guy now. Gotta check for moles. How did this happen? Somebody's got to take one for the team. This just only verifies that their priorities are out of order. Instead of worrying or trying to be misleading about guns and engaging in misdirection, they need to be covering what's happening in the backdoor! This was given the loud media blast as guns have. I happened to hear this on NPR and then I looked up! Somebody needs to give POTUS a piece of toast so he can wipe the eggs from his face.

·
Premium Member
1,031 Posts
Make you feel so secure . :aargh4::dead:

·
Registered
635 Posts
As a result of the data breach, the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) sent me an offer for free identity theft protection for three years (yes, I have clearances for three different federal agencies). I already have such protection so I declined. But now I tell people that if they want to know anything about me they should just ask the Chinese.

Here's the pertinent part of the OPM statement:
If you underwent a Federal background investigation in 2000 or afterwards (which occurs through the submission of forms SF-86 (PDF file) [6.98 MB], SF-85 (PDF file) [354.59 KB], or SF-85P (PDF file) [513.33 KB] for either a new investigation or a reinvestigation), it is highly likely that you are impacted by the incident involving background investigations. If you underwent a background investigation prior to 2000, you still may be impacted, but it is less likely.

·
Registered
8,905 Posts
Linked-In had a data breach of something like 117 million just recently.

I remember a few years back when my ebay account got hacked, and I am an exceptionally careful person. Ebay told me it was impossible to hack my account.

Nobody is immune.

·
Premium Member
2,250 Posts
I would hope that we would respond in kind to this attack. We should be waging cyber war now. Maybe we are and just don't know it. I truly hope so.

·
Premium Member
4,171 Posts
This is year old news. Any particular reason we should just now be panicking?

Reactions: Bad Bob and Patti

·
Registered
281 Posts
I don't know why they went through the trouble, all they had to do was ask this inept administration for what they were looking for.
We would have handed it right over AND apologized for it :rolleyes:

·
Registered
10,294 Posts
"...we should get sensitive data off the people's network."

Couldn't agree more. Using the same hardware and protocols for data with national security implications that are used for Facebook and video games is asking for trouble.

Although, if this was really caused by allowing foreign contractors to service the network, I guess that wouldn't have mattered.

·
Banned
3,890 Posts
I've already had my IRS 1040 stolen for 2 years now....they file a fake return and try to get my refund every year. Haven't got my refund yet in 2016...just more paperwork.

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
The Obama administration has admitted, painfully that the recent hack of government agencies' personnel files may have put 21.5 million background checks including those seeking top security clearance -- in the hands of Chinese hackers.

Is it time to panic over massive data breach? - CNN.com

[url]http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2022345/Ex-CIA-director-warns-impending-cyber-code-war-targeting-power-stations-water-plants.html

[/URL]
10 years ago the VA had a security breach and my records were some of the ones lost. I got a nice letter from the VA telling the precautions I should take.

A couple of years ago I got another letter from OMP telling me that my security clearance records had been compromised. My records had the information from all my family members, supervisors, neighbors, former supervisors, former neighbors, former teachers, etc. in them.

When I worked for the Obama Care call center we received calls from people complaining that they had opened their application and found other peoples information on the screen. It included social security numbers, addresses, and dependent information. The manager of the call center instructed the customer service reps to have the caller close the program and pretend they didn't see it.

·
Registered
3,779 Posts
Gotta find a blame guy now. Gotta check for moles. How did this happen? Somebody's got to take one for the team. This just only verifies that their priorities are out of order. Instead of worrying or trying to be misleading about guns and engaging in misdirection, they need to be covering what's happening in the backdoor! This was given the loud media blast as guns have. I happened to hear this on NPR and then I looked up! Somebody needs to give POTUS a piece of toast so he can wipe the eggs from his face.
Check for moles in the government?

I'll save us a lot of time and money. Obviously the "mole" is Obama and has been from the day he took office.

Case solved not what are we going to do about it?

I have the answer to that as well.

NOTHING!!!:aargh4:

·
Banned
131 Posts
A couple dozen strategically placed Cruise Missiles will put an end to China effing with us. But Obama doesn't have balls. When Trump is sworn in, I'm going with China becoming as docile as a heel hound.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts