Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I have no backside to speak of so when I wear my Glock or even my little sig my pants always sag or start falling. I'm young but not not into the baggy pant look, you know.
Sorry to take up forum space with this but I know someone else must be having the same problem. My belt is pretty tight already. It just drives me crazy. :danceban:
Any suggestions?

·
Registered
4,244 Posts
Perry Industrial Suspenders
They fasten to your belt instead of your pants, providing extra support. Wear them under your cover garment.
Perry Suspenders

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Appendix

If you don't have a gut, try carrying in the appendix position. You will need to get a holster made for that position, usually with no cant. Conceals very well under a t-shirt, Polo, button down, sweat shirt, vest, jacket, sport coat............etc. Nice thing about appendix is the gun is on the front and you can see when you are printing. Another benefit is that since the gun is positioned on your front, you have better control over access to your weapon. I saw a video from United States Concealed Carry Association with a guy named Pat using the Ehud holster with his Glock 19. Pat's Favorite Holster Video Tip 6-15-2009 It got me thinking about appendix carry and it all started from there. It's not for everyone, but just wanted to offer food for thought. Good gun belt helps tremendously.

This is the way I carry my 4" 1911 and Kahr P9.

·
Registered
10,071 Posts
Marry a good cook and she'll take care of the "no backside can't keep my pants up" problem for you. After 16 years of marriage, my pants stay up all the time whether I want them to or not.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Oh yeah, forgot to mention that going to the gym and doing squats on a regular basis will fix that no backside problem if you really care to fix it.:wink:

·
Registered
983 Posts
Your problem is known as WBBS (white boy butt syndrome), I have it too. A good stiff belt worn tightly will compensate for this affliction.

·
Registered
443 Posts
What belt do you have? The only reason I ask is I also don't have much of a butt(getting bigger as the years tack on). I found that when I switched to a gun belt I stopped having nearly as much trouble keeping my pants up and my holster comfortable.

So if your running a standard belt I would suggest starting there.

Luke

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Your problem is known as WBBS (white boy butt syndrome), I have it too. A good stiff belt worn tightly will compensate for this affliction.
ahaha :yup:
I use a standard thick gun belt now days. But I made it myself so maybe I should try a different one. Thank galls belt is interesting. I've never seen that before.
Thanks for the help, I will try all these options out.

The dumb part is all the other junk in my pockets. Wallet, blackberry, giant "managerial ring" of keys, knife, and just added a small flash light due to it getting dark earlier. :aargh4:
Thanks guys

·
Registered
443 Posts
Well I have a recommendation but it's certainly a cheap option:) I know it's not nearly a BeltMan belt or a high class but they seem to be pretty good. The main complaint I've read is the finish doesn't hold up but for the price I can't see how anything could be a better deal.

5.11 Tactical Leather Casual Belt 1.5 inch Detail Stitch CLOSEOUT
5.11 Tactical Covert Khaki Pants plus FREE SHIPPING at LA Police Gear. 5.11 covert pants, 511 covert pant, 5.11, 511 Tactical

The first link is just the belts they normally run $35 they are closing them out for $8, the second one is a pair of what I think are awesome khaki's with the same belt included for $20. I've ordered 3 pairs of the belt and pants combo for me and I love the pants and the belts are plenty stiff and decent, if the finish fails I'm really not out anything.

Here is a picture of my 5.11 belt with my 1911 in one of my holsters on it, shows how stiff it is, the bending near the clips is just because the holster isn't broken in at all hadn't been used so it didn't bend enough in the middle yet. Also please ignore the background clutter;) I just took this for a friend the other day when I sent out his holster.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
+1 on checking into a stiffer belt. It makes a huge difference.

Also, +1 on the Covert Khaki + free belt combo. I tried a couple pairs, then went back and ordered more.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Yeah if you need to dress up a little those pants are simply my favorite dress pants I own, they are thicker than most and freaking comfortable;) I may have to order some more on that deal if they still have my size after Christmas since it wouldn't hurt to have them around:)

Luke

·
Registered
43 Posts
Oh yeah, forgot to mention that going to the gym and doing squats on a regular basis will fix that no backside problem if you really care to fix it.:wink:
Serious! Hit the gym up and learn how to PROPERLY squat so you don't wreck your knee's. Proper squats will strengthen knees and build up your glutes so you'll have a nice muffin butt to hold up your pants. :D:danceban:

·
Registered
963 Posts
Shoulder holster

·
Registered
403 Posts
It would of been nice if Perry Suspenders would of listed their prices on their web site, never cared for any company that does not list their prices on their home pages.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts