Defensive Carry banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I started looking for a comfortable pair of cargo style pants to carry "stuff" in. 5.11, Deluth.....they all have 6 or more different types of cargo pants. I normally wear Levis. Looking for recommendations on "Carry Pants"..

·
Registered
20,109 Posts
Any you already mentioned...don't overlook Cabelas hiking/trail pants.

·
Registered
4,086 Posts
I have gone almost exclusively Duluth. The flexfit are really good and cool in the summer.
The flex helps for IWB. The standard fire hose are good for cooler weather and very durable. I also pay attention to the cut of the front pockets. The work pants, which look like cargo, have a diagonal cut to the opening and are deep. Good for pocket carry.

What they call cargo usually have horizontal cut pockets, like traditional blue jeans, much harder to pocket carry for me.

·
Registered
6,374 Posts
Carhartt and Dickies carpenter pants work well for me. They have bigger and deeper pockets and don't print. The side ruler pocket holds a spare mag perfectly. For me the blend in well and I don't look like "Tommy Tactical"!

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
I have a couple pair of Red Head jeans from Bass Pro, that have very deep pockets. Much deeper than the Lee's that I have worn for past 40+ years.

·
Premium Member
5,957 Posts
Any you already mentioned...don't overlook Cabelas hiking/trail pants.
Do the Cabelas pant's hold up well? I wear Wranglers and the like now, but between the clips from a knife, flashlight, and IWB holster, along with the general wear and tear I put them through, they don't hold up very long. I was looking at the Duluth Firehose pants, but may head down to Cabelas and check theirs out too.

A big problem I have is finding the right size. Being tall and skinny, it isn't always easy finding stuff in 37/36 or 38/36.

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Everybody has like 7 varieties of hiking pants. That is good, but makes it hard to decide when ordering online. Guess I need to get my butt to a store and look.

Reactions: ghost tracker

·
Registered
20,109 Posts
Do the Cabelas pant's hold up well? I wear Wranglers and the like now, but between the clips from a knife, flashlight, and IWB holster, along with the general wear and tear I put them through, they don't hold up very long. I was looking at the Duluth Firehose pants, but may head down to Cabelas and check theirs out too.

A big problem I have is finding the right size. Being tall and skinny, it isn't always easy finding stuff in 37/36 or 38/36.
I think they are pretty decent.

I bought them with my Cabelas "Summit Pricing" exclusive to employees, where you get almost half off.
I worked there part time up until this week when my State job was in the bag, lol.

I think they were marked at 19.95 to $24.
I got them for 5.99, so I stocked up.....and also on a lot of other Cabela brand stuff before I quit:)

Also got a nice Rod/Reel combo that retailed for $84, and paid $29.

Mrs G also got in on the shopping frenzy, lol

·
Registered
954 Posts
Duluth work pants with deep pockets.

They work well for pocket carry -- even 3" Smith J frames hide just fine.

Get the ones with a watch pocket as it's a good place to carry speedstrips.

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
I wear the Wranglers, too. They seem to only last a year or so. But at under $30, I guess I don't expect much. I may have to look into Duluth myself.

·
Registered
475 Posts

I have a few pair that are going on 3 years old. The only pair that are close to death are the pair I dedicate to fishing. I'm thinking if I get this year out of them I'll be lucky. The others I use for day to day wear show little wear.

I have the 7 pocket Trail pants. I'm not a fan of the small flap pockets on the front of the slash pocket. They will carry speed strips very nicely, but I just don't like the look.

I have a couple pair of Proper tactical pants. They are very comfortable and have some kind of coating that makes liquids bead up if spilled on. Great pants, but I only wear them when shooting trap, sporting clays, or pistol. I don't like the cargo pants for day to day stuff.

I've been looking at the Duluth stuff, waiting to find a decent sale.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Banned
3,342 Posts
I think Blackhawk makes the best tactical pants. For daily wear for guys, Ethanol brand is very good (stretchy). Both probably available on Amazon.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts