Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys - you know I ain't an afficionado with 1911's but need to ask this. Is my Para P12.45 a series 80 or 70? I suspect an 80 but want to know for sure.

CP14.45 has kindly suggested something which improve my gun's reliabilty - namely a Wilson Bullet Proof extractor - but there are options for both series 70 and 80. Once I know will go get one from Brownells to see if it'll help - I rather think it might.

·
Registered
17,352 Posts
does it have a swantz safety in it or a colt style safety? if there no firing pin safety in it noted by little plunger in slide next to disconnector run then its series 70

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh my - now you're askin'

I meant to post the pic - if that helps any - otherwise I'll have to look closer. Probably need a pic from other side too.

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Realize that Bud so - just taken a fresh pic - just gotta tweak and process, upload and then will post - hang tight birthday boy! :smile:

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok here we go - see if this gives any useful info.

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Oh crap - Ok dude - keep eatin' your birthday cake and I'll be back :wink:

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Bud - does this pair of views help any? Or do I need to strip down more?

·
Registered
17,352 Posts
the lever just in front of the hammer and left of the disconnecter is the series 80 lever that pushes up on the button in the slide so you have a series 80 style Para

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thx Bud - appreciate the input!

Now back to your cake :smile:

·
Super Moderator
22,003 Posts
Chris,

Just a little FYI, Series 80 parts will work in a Series 70, but not the other way around (for the most part, a couple will).

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thx OD - I am still learning on the 1911 stuff :wink:

·
Super Moderator
22,003 Posts
It can come in handy Chris if you own both the Series 80s and Series 70s type pistols. If I have 80s parts on hand, such as firing pins, extractors etc., I can repair either type 1911, but if I only have Series 70 parts, I can't repair the 80s.

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Good to know OD - OK one more question (heck - it's good to have all the knowledge here to draw on) ......... so, what is my Sistema 1927 classed as?? From it's SN it's a 1959 birthdate.

·
Super Moderator
22,003 Posts
Chris,

Your Sistema would be a Series 70 type, so you could use either series parts in it.

(technically it's a pre-war, pre-70 type, but that's mostly collector jargon to confuse us
) :wink:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts