Defensive Carry banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking about purchasing another compact 45 ACP. I've see the Para Nite Hawg and it looks great. I just dont know what the reviews are such as assembly and disassembly, recoil, customer service, and reliability.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Just for experience with other short barrel (under 4").45's (Not a Nite Hawg) - I have not had or shot one that I would say is as dependable as a 5" 1911. I have had functioning issues with short barrel (under 4")1911's. Maybe it is just me or the way I hold them. I would suggest that you get more info from current short barrel owners. My personal choice is a full size 1911 or a Combat Commander (4" - 4 1/4") if you want compact.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have this model. I carry it every day and love it. Shoots very well for a 3" and has never FTF or jambed (300+ rounds). My wife (all 5'2"& 110lbs) loves to shoot it as well as my 14 year old step-son. Great choice IMHO.

·
Premium Member
10,046 Posts
Both my Colt Officers (Steel Frame 3.5") and Para P-12 (Steel Frame 3.5") have been 100% reliable. I've had them both over 20 years and have only replaced springs and in the Colt, a barrel bushing.

I don't think I'd like to go with anything shorter like a 3".

I would like to try a Commander length barrel and slide fitted to my Para P-12 frame and give that a whirl. I think that would be the ultimate

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
I'd suggest doing a forum search on NiteHawg. Lots of stuff has been posted.

Hoss

1 - 5 of 5 Posts