Defensive Carry banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve had a problem with my LDA Tac-Four from the time I purchased it new. It would sometimes not lock the slide on an empty mag. During the last range session it happened on every empty mag. I noticed the slide lock was backing out. I contacted Para and they gave a R.A. # to return it for warranty. I also took advantage of the $99.00 special on night sights and installation while it was there (saved shipping charges). It arrived at their service facility in Tennessee on Thursday last week. I received it back today (Tuesday).

The report stated that the slide lock lever was out of spec. and was replaced. Also they discovered the trigger pull was near 7.75 lbs. and they adjusted it to 5.75 lbs. They installed the sights, fired ball and HP ammo, cleaned it and sent it back, next day air! I’m impressed, first because they responded to my initial e-mail within 2 hours, giving the R.A. #, shipping address, and clear and specific instructions for shipping, and second the prompt turnaround.

Although my Kimber CDP II has been my daily carry, my service experience with Kimber was not as pleasant. It took Kimber 5 days to return my call (after 3 e-mails) relating to it’s slide locking open on a partial mag. The customer service rep. asked how often this happened, I told him every 100 rounds or so, he stated “so what’s the problem with that?” Anyway, a local gunsmith corrected the problem using a jeweler’s file in 30 seconds.

Para-Ord has a very satisfied customer in Albany, GA!!

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
That sounds like pretty stellar service - impressive. :smile:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts