Defensive Carry banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought one right before Christmas for $419 plus tax after using a $100 off coupon at Cabelas. It is a basic full size 1911 style .45ACP handgun with Commander style hammer, 3 dot sights and polymer trigger. It comes with two 8 round SS magazines, hard plastic case, lock and owner's manual. From reading various reviews, this entry level 1911 performs.

I took it to the range this afternoon to begin the break in. The slide to frame fit is excellent. I ran 100 rounds of CCI Blazer Brass 230 gr. FMJ and 50 rounds of Federal Champion 230 gr. FMJ through it. I had 3 ftrtb that occurred on the last round of the magazine. I ran roughly 19 magazines through it. I used the Para magazines and a Tripp Research Cobra Mag. The ftrtb occurred once with the Cobra Mag and twice with the Para mags. Para recommends a 500 round break in. So, I'm not even half way through. It is quite accurate when shooting paper at around 10 yds and handled rapid fire on steel targets too. The trigger is crisp at around 4.5 lbs (just a guess).

I think this is going to be a keeper.

·
Registered
543 Posts
No pictures? It didn't happen....lol:rofl:

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
New guns are always fun!!!!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts