Defensive Carry banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking of getting this as my ccw, once I get the sheckles together. anyone have one or has anyone shot it? any reviews appreciated.
thanks

·
Premium Member
20,045 Posts
Sorry, Cory, I have zero experience with Para-Ordnance. Anyone have one, carry one or hear anything on them?

·
Banned
1,706 Posts
I have the Para P-14, had a couple feed problems when it was new, but after a couple hundred rounds it has been flawless. I have 3 guns I carry on a regular basis, a Glock 19 for every day, a Glock 20 when I feel a "High Threat" situation (going to St. Loonie) and the P-14 when I want just a little more than the G-19, I have no reservations about carrying the Para.

·
Registered
6,742 Posts
Hi Cory
I had a Para P10 in Stainless for a while. I found it to feed 230 hardball, and 200 Gr hollowpoints with no troubles. I DID however, find my Para to shoot 3 inches low and to the right. At 15Yds it was still pretty accurate within the center mass area of the target. The Para P10 was slightly heavy though. The new Warthag from para Ordnance might be a good choice, but I'd send it out and have some ramp work done to make sure it didn't fail you in a real situation. A P12 LDA might suit you as well, if you like a DAO weapon. Just my 2 cents worth.. and good luck :biggrin:

P

·
0 Posts
I carry a Para-Ordnance Carry 12 .45. It is a great gun and accurate. I also load it with Winchester Ranger SXT's and they do a lot of damage to 4x4's anyway. i am confident you will like the Para. Another option might be a Springfield XD .45. Very accurate!

Mike

·
Registered
38 Posts
I have two LDA single stack Para's (Black Watch and CCW). I have found them to be quite accurate and the LDA trigger is great. The CCW with 4.25 barrel with a 7+1 capacity would be a good carry gun.

I am from the school that if I cannot stop someone with 8 bullets might as well stay home watching tv.

·
Registered
376 Posts
My Dad recently bought a PO Black Watch Companion. It is accurate and the LDA trigger is nice - though I still see no advantage over a nice single action trigger.

He has ran into a nefarious problem where the gun fails to eject - leaves the case stuck in the chamber. He has tried for several months to get the gun to work - but it continues to fail 2-3 times each magazine. He will be sending the gun back to para to get it fixed - unfortunately I don't believe para covers shipping for defective returns.

·
Registered
744 Posts
First pistol I ever bought was a Para C7.45 Companion. Para mags are crap and the failure to eject is still a problem but it IS my first pistol, so I'll never sell it. But, look at the Springfield Armory series, XD or 1911 models. IMHO, Springfield has a better gun at a better price. Just a thought!

·
Registered
230 Posts
I am enjoying my Pata LTC (Commander size single stack) alloy frame. Has been reliable after break in. Just purchased a Wilson Combt 10 round mag. :smile:

·
Registered
179 Posts
Seems that if the Wilsons fit the single stack Paras, then that's a good way to go. I've never had any issues with Wilsons in my Govmt' sized 1911.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
I have a WartHog, and a LTC/SS, never any problems with the Hog. The LTC needed shooting -in to make it feed every time. After 200-300 rounds working fine now.

·
Registered
4,087 Posts
Shot one of the first ones made many years ago. It like 230 RN ball ammo only. Bet the new one are better.

frankmako

·
Registered
39 Posts
AnimalKracker said:
I have a WartHog, and a LTC/SS, never any problems with the Hog. The LTC needed shooting -in to make it feed every time. After 200-300 rounds working fine now.
Some thoughts in my opinion.... What do you want to trust your life to? Quote from PO's website...Ask yourself.

"Para uses high-tech, aerospace-grade investment castings for frames and slides. For small parts, Para employs a space-age procedure called Metal Injection Molding, or MIM".:hand1:

Look at Springfield Micro Compact...better production guns out of the box, computerized machining, not castings. Money is not an issue as both are priced similarly but how much are you willing to risk? Do your homework before investing alot of $$ in a gun that will take time to break in. 200-300 rounds is not enough to consider tested.
Just my $.02.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Still breakin' in my Wart. Have an Wilson extended slide release coming, and I may get those Pearce grips, vs. the Hogues.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Para Jamming

My Dad recently bought a PO Black Watch Companion. It is accurate and the LDA trigger is nice - though I still see no advantage over a nice single action trigger.

He has ran into a nefarious problem where the gun fails to eject - leaves the case stuck in the chamber. He has tried for several months to get the gun to work - but it continues to fail 2-3 times each magazine. He will be sending the gun back to para to get it fixed - unfortunately I don't believe para covers shipping for defective returns.
------

I had the same problem and I think it has to do with the type of ammo. I had been using the cheap russian wold stuff and it happened all the time. If you compare those to better ammo you'll see that the neck crease (I'm sure there's a name for it) is way smaller on the crappy ammo. Also using grease on the slide instead of oil.

·
Registered
2,781 Posts
I have a Stainless P12-45 Limited and I have never had it fail at any time. The only thing is the slide did not lock back a couple of times after the last round was fired from the mag. I think it was caused by me riding the slide catch.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts