Defensive Carry banner
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Premium Member
924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Folks, I have been called paranoid, but, as the saying goes..."Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean "they" are not out to get me!

I have noticed a lot of questions on this board that I believe are intrusive. Questions like "How/where do you carry?", "Do you carry all the time?", Do you carry a backup gun?", How much ammo do you carry?", "How much ammo (or how many guns) do you have"....etc.

Who's business is it? WHERE is this information going?

As a concealed permit holder, I'm aware that when I am pulled over or enquired about by the police that a red flag goes up and they know I have a permit. WHO would benefit if my report came up with....."Carries a .45 in the 6 o'clock position, admits to carrying a BUG on his left ankle, has 10 more guns in his home....etc?" When they come for you and your guns, do you really want "them" to have all this information that can be gleaned just by reading the posts here?

I, personally, avoid these questions like the plague. One just doesn't know where this information is being stored or who it is being shared with (IF it is). I can't see why this information would be beneficial for our friends on line to know.

Just my $.02 worth.

·
Premium Member
9,422 Posts
Really? C'mon. You joined a self defense discussion forum and you're concerned about self defense discussions?

If we don't discuss various aspects of self defense, what's left to discuss?

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
You make an interesting and good point Zsnake. I do not trust this federal government and only truly support our military and very little else emanating out of DC and the piece of garbage who lives there. It is improbable but certainly possible that with the power of the feds, ATF.FBI etal, they can easily (certainly in a "crisis" that they would not want to waste) get this forum to turn over the names of all members who have professed opinions on literally everything. With the narcissistic fool in the whitehouse, my using the term "garbage' to ID him is probably in the mix, as well. No matter what this forum may say in response to your thread or my type of reply, they will be powerless to buck up against the full impact of the feds in a so-called crisis. Just look at how the feds and law enforcement literally suspended the Constitution in Boston based on the bombing by commanding people what they could or could not do with the threat from armed enforcement. Overall I can understand where they were coming from but the bottom line is they really had no true force of the Constitution--only a crisis. Believe me if these terrorists had been very much involved in this forum before the fact and the feds found this out, all our names (and our damning comments) would be in DC by now as the investigation proceeds. I have no doubt about it.

·
Registered
36,326 Posts
I have noticed a lot of questions on this board that I believe are intrusive. Questions like "How/where do you carry?", "Do you carry all the time?", Do you carry a backup gun?", How much ammo do you carry?", "How much ammo (or how many guns) do you have"....etc.

It's of interest to the folks asking the questions. It's of interest to those answering. For those without interest, concerned where such intel could go or what it could be used for, not answering is the simplest way to avoid it. Everyone's content, that way.

That said, I see your point. Who's to say that someone doesn't surreptitiously use the answers for some ulterior motives of their own? It's almost a guarantee that the truly paranoid anti-liberty types amongst our governing few have a more than a couple people tasked to hunting around in discussion forums such as DefensiveCarry in the hopes of unearthing some awful scheme or plot. I'd say it's a good bet that there are automated electronic "spiders" and "bots" that vacuum up nearly everything that's out there for a given person, for a given forum, perhaps for all such "right-wing gun-nut patriot" type forums such as this. And if you believe the post-Patriot Act stories about the auto-slurping of all internet data at key "choke" points for further analysis by the NSA and others, that's happening as well. Welcome to the real world.

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
I hhave bought a lot of gun related products because I thought I might benefit from having them. Nope. Wasted a lot of money on them. Got a closet full of unused items. Spoke with coworkers that experienced the same thing I did and took their advice. Most of the time, their advice worked for me.

People can learn from the experience of others be it in methods of carry, products or whatever.

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
Big brotha is watching you no matter where ya are. Ministry a band I have been listening to has a song called watch yourself. It says it all. its on you tube check it out.

·
Super Moderator
50,612 Posts
I just sent a PM to the other 70,000 members and asked them to keep an eye on YOU.:joke:

·
Banned
2,625 Posts
I dunno what kind of forum this would be if we kept all our info close to the chest. I can see it right now.

Thread start: who carries IWB with a full service pistol? I want to learn how to make this setup work for me. Thanks!

(3 months later)

OP: for the tenth time... Bump!

Poster 1: he may work for the ATF.

Poster 2: alpha kilo mike (aka stfu)

·
Premium Member
24,511 Posts
Since you live in D.C. South (No. VA) I can understand your concern, but I have other more important things to worry over, like mortgage payment, car payments, utility payments and the never ending taxes that keep going up.

Reactions: JDE101

·
Registered
436 Posts
OP, if you truly are concerned someone is watching >.> you can always use this place for a disinformation campaign. Just lie about everything here and you will really throw them for a loop. I mean, for example, post here you carry a .45 in the 3 oclock and when you get pulled over you are carrying a 9 in a shoulder rig. That would really throw a monkey wrench in their plans ;)

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
this is a forum and discussions are what happen on them. you do not have to participate in these kind of discussions if you feel it is unneeded information. only post what you are comfortable posting about. but again this is a forum and people come here to discuss topics, help others, and share personal experiences. the threads about how people carry and how much they carry and all are just informative discussions. they help others to have a better understanding of different ways to carry, and to read personal experiences on why one way works better for some than others. again this is an optional forum, nobody made you join and nobody is forcing you to participate in the discussions. if people want to share their experiences and help others that is their right.

·
Premium Member
39,179 Posts
Folks, I have been called paranoid, but, as the saying goes..."Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean "they" are not out to get me!

As a concealed permit holder, I'm aware that when I am pulled over or enquired about by the police that a red flag goes up and they know I have a permit. WHO would benefit if my report came up with....."Carries a .45 in the 6 o'clock position, admits to carrying a BUG on his left ankle, has 10 more guns in his home....etc?" When they come for you and your guns, do you really want "them" to have all this information that can be gleaned just by reading the posts here?

I, personally, avoid these questions like the plague. One just doesn't know where this information is being stored or who it is being shared with (IF it is). I can't see why this information would be beneficial for our friends on line to know.

Just my $.02 worth.
Coming from someone with a history of posting very intimate personal firearms info, like this one a few months ago:

"Rifle Transfer Help
Howdy,

I live in Virginia and a few years go give a rifle to my wife's cousin who lives in MD.

He now wants to sell it o another guy in MD.

Since I was the original purchaser, do I have any problems if he does indeed sell it?

Thanks, in advance."

·
Registered
185 Posts
Do I think that these questions are asked innocently so people can learn from others?
Yes

Do I think that the government has copies of everything ever posted here and could conglomerate all of your posts/responses at a moments notice and probably also figure out who you really are.
Yes.

·
Registered
289 Posts

Just my $.02 worth.
Um yeah...I think you are being paranoid. The fact that you are bothered by people asking questions about how you carry a weapon on a discussion board entitled DEFENSIVE CARRY.COM suggests you really haven't thought it through a whole lot. New guys like me come to places like this to learn and ask questions. One day, when we have something of our own experience to offer, we may choose to do so.

I'm not sure why you would sign up to be a member of a board like this and then question the content of the discussion. If you signed up at a cooking forum, would you be surprised if people asked you for recipes and cooking tips?

I've spent sufficient time in and around government to know that the feds have far better things to do than compile dossiers on people based on their participation on message boards.

·
Registered
562 Posts
I post here just to screw up Big Sis and company. I lie about everything. Sometimes, just to really throw them off, I don't carry at all. OP, you may indeed be right about the monitoring. But do I really care.......NAW! Life is too short to worry about everything! BTW, it is not true that I will be packing a snubbie in my back pocket next Friday night at the crap game in the alley behind the gas station! It's a lie........a damn lie!

1 - 20 of 63 Posts