Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just tried to buy holsters from outdoor guide using PayPal only to have paypal refused because of PayPal’s “acceptable use” policy against guns ammunition or firearm related purchases. I have enjoyed the convenience and security of PayPal I the last but i refuse to endorse or support a company that is so anti they won’t process the sale of holsters. I hope others will feel the same way

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
I guess it's time for me to let a motorcycle shop I frequently do business with and only accepts PayPal, no credit cards, that I won't be able to do business with them any longer.

·
Registered
529 Posts
+1 to all of the above.

Reactions: ugh762x39

·
Premium Member
672 Posts
That must be very recent policy change - I just bought a couple of magazine carriers using paypal on ebay and had no issue. I've used them for many gun parts, etc. as well in the past. If they start refusing my purchases of gun related stuff, I am done with them. I will also let them know why.

·
Registered
9,557 Posts
Im surpised in the past they have been a-ok with anything but guns themselves and mags over 10 rounds ..under 10 rounds mags , leather good etc are all ok ..

I did not see any wording in the new usage guidelines saying no to holsters etc

Hum ..as a number of holsters makers do use them

Reactions: ShooterGranny

·
Registered
4,538 Posts
I use a cc so never understood why they were needed, I think if you were selling possibly but never saw the need. Just a middle person to get more info from people or something?

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
I use Paypal for occasional eBay purchases and a few other things but that's a ridiculous policy.

It seems as if all the tech platforms are anti gun and pro things I'm completely against. It's getting harder to find places to do business.
If you think this is bad now wait. The mark of the beast is next. ;)

·
Registered
34 Posts
I use a cc so never understood why they were needed, I think if you were selling possibly but never saw the need. Just a middle person to get more info from people or something?
It's a convenient way to pay on line without the hassle and risk of giving your credit card and mailing info to every site you do business with.

·
Premium Member
7,144 Posts
It's a convenient way to pay on line without the hassle and risk of giving your credit card to every site you do business with.
^^^^ THIS ^^^^
There are web sites that I personally do not feel are secure enough to have my credit card information, and that is when I use PayPal. I also use it to gift money directly from my checking account to another person. There is no charge from PayPal to either party if you do it that way. I keep a separate checking account for paying bills on line and for PayPal use.

I also have purchased quite a few gun related items, like magazines, etc., and paid on PayPal. I haven't tried to do that in the last 24 hours, so there might have been a very recent change. However, if that is true, I suspect that there are any awful lot of EBay sellers who won't be able to sell anymore.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well I am trying to cancel my PayPal account. I doubt it was a sportsman’s guide issue since they offer PayPal as a checkout method but if I find out anything to the contrary I will post it

·
Registered
4,538 Posts
Can’t you get your cc company to refuse to pay if your card is messed with? We had this happen once recently due to the covid thing and it was easily disputed and we didn’t have to pay it.

I believe your pretty safe with a credit card (not debit) but I may be wrong? A good means of protection that may help someone feel better is to have a small limit put on your card and that way if it is stolen then it’s not as much money to have to deal with however, I’ve always felt safe with a cc and never had any problems.

·
Registered
4,538 Posts
Well I am trying to cancel my PayPal account. I doubt it was a sportsman’s guide issue since they offer PayPal as a checkout method but if I find out anything to the contrary I will post it
I had an account that I didn’t even remember getting. Canceled it, was very easy and they were nice about it. No problems canceling at all.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Sportsman's guide has an FAQ about this: Customer Service FAQ | Sportsman's Guide
Can I use PayPal to pay for my order?
Yes!* Simply select PayPal as your method of payment at checkout and follow the prompts to complete your payment. You will need a PayPal account to use this payment option.
Why am I not able to select PayPal as a method of payment for certain items?
PayPal does not accept payment for certain types of items, therefore we are unable to offer PayPal as a method of payment for those items. These items include but may not be limited to:
  • Air Guns/BB Guns
  • Ammo Cans & Military Storage
  • Ammunition, all types
  • Archery, including Compound Bows, Crossbows, Recurve Bows, Arrows, Sights and Accessories
  • Black Powder Firearms and Accessories
  • Firearms, including Rifles, Shotguns and Handguns
  • Gun Magazines and Clips
  • Gun Parts
  • Holsters and Holster Accessories
  • Knives, most types, including Hunting Knives
  • Military Knives and Swords
  • Military Shooting Accessories and Military Tactical Gear
  • Optics, Scopes and Sights, including Binoculars, Spotting Scopes, Rifle Scopes, Red Dot/Reflex Sights and Optics Accessories
  • Reloading Supplies
  • Shooting Supplies and Accessories

·
Registered
564 Posts
It's a convenient way to pay on line without the hassle and risk of giving your credit card and mailing info to every site you do business with.
We have a separate account with its own debit card that we use for online purchases. We keep very little in it, and transfer money to it prior to buying things. It's worked out well for us. We don't use credit cards, but that's a topic for another day. I have refused to use PayPal because of other issues with them when it comes to selling stuff. Like many, I never saw the need for them.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I use it more than I'd like, but I don't feel feel like switching to the other services, and if you use eBay at all (which I do on rare occasions), it's pretty much required.

·
Premium Member
33,776 Posts
Reactions: JMag1

·
Super Moderator
16,147 Posts
I have used PayPal many times for gun related parts in fact just recently I bought 2 magazines for my SA 1911 Compact on eBay and paid with PayPal.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts