Defensive Carry banner

21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
8,443 Posts
I bought a rifle stock with Paypal but that was at least 9 years ago.

·
Premium Member
4,357 Posts
PayPal and I parted ways a while back. They didn’t miss my business and I didn’t miss the poor customer service.

·
Registered
50 Posts
ms gamboolgal do our best to not use Pay Pal. We have done this for years.

We have declined to order some discretionary items due to Pay Pal being the only option offered.

·
Registered
33,987 Posts
I think I've used PayPal once. If it went away I would not notice.

·
Registered
760 Posts
Interesting. There's about a gazillion holsters available on eBay and Paypal is the payment method of choice by the vendor and by eBay. I'm aware that eBay owns Paypal but I'm surprised at the apparent double standard... or perhaps I'm not ;)

·
Registered
8,115 Posts
Unfortunately, it is getting hard to boycott businesses and people over gun stuff. I tried to do that for a while. Basically, if I wanted to boycott every commercial enterprise that has some anti-2A policies or views, I would have to:
  • Not watch hardly any TV or movies
  • Not patronize hardly any chain stores
  • Not send any packages
  • Not visit a lot of healthcare providers
  • Never fly on an airline or visit an airport
  • The list goes on...
What I will do is if I find a business that does not oppose gun rights, I will try to patronize them more and if it is appropriate, let them know I appreciate them.

·
Premium Member
7,150 Posts
I just ordered some back ordered ammo from sportsman's guide and they specify on each item whether pay pal will allow them to run that item or not. In my case, "not" because it is ammunition. I think there may be some companies that sneak some gun related orders through on pay pal, but at the risk of losing their ability to send anything at all through pay pal. Again, as stated earlier on this thread, I use pay pal when I'm not feeling secure about giving my credit card number to yet another on line business.

EBay continues to sell gun related items. I've ordered magazines on EBay several times when there was no place else that had what I needed.

·
Vendor
1,562 Posts
well I started with paypal years ago when all the credit card places was refusing to do business with any gun related places.
Most credit card processing services I have had used in the past eventually got to the point of trying to rip me or a customer off.
Based on just about every financial institution going anti gun not to long ago(but not much of a problem now) I have just keep on using paypal to do transactions or processing cc payments and over all they have been dead solid and good to deal with.
If I had another option that was pro gun and was anti rip me off I would use it but I have not found one, I have called and went over there policy about a total of 5 times and on holsters they tell me with what I do it is looked at as leather goods? they know I build holsters for guns and I may have trouble the next time a customer trys to purchase a item but since 2009 I have never had any problems other than a cc number not being entered correctly or and address not being right or the card just being denied from lack of funds.
I am not pro paypal but just giving my experience with them with me building and selling gun holsters.
I have never been denied a purchase with paypal but do use a business master card associated with my paypal account, that covers firearms, ammo, parts, mold guns everything.

·
Super Moderator
19,243 Posts
That must be very recent policy change - I just bought a couple of magazine carriers using paypal on ebay and had no issue. I've used them for many gun parts, etc. as well in the past. If they start refusing my purchases of gun related stuff, I am done with them. I will also let them know why.
Not new at all. A host of small retailers of firearms-related equipment have been denied the use of PayPal for probably close to a decade now. PP is my payment option of last resort.

·
Premium Member
2,229 Posts
I tried using credit cards directly with Epic Games only to be rejected but using the same credit card through PayPal worked just fine. Go figure. Kind of difficult to boycott something that works. I guess I can tell my kids no more Robux for them. However, I never used PayPal to buy anything firearms related.

·
Premium Member
2,229 Posts
Unfortunately, it is getting hard to boycott businesses and people over gun stuff. I tried to do that for a while. Basically, if I wanted to boycott every commercial enterprise that has some anti-2A policies or views, I would have to:
  • Not watch hardly any TV or movies
  • Not patronize hardly any chain stores
  • Not send any packages
  • Not visit a lot of healthcare providers
  • Never fly on an airline or visit an airport
  • The list goes on...
What I will do is if I find a business that does not oppose gun rights, I will try to patronize them more and if it is appropriate, let them know I appreciate them.
Makes me wonder how all these whiners/complainers get their way to shut down gun related sales but when we gun owners complain they ignore us. Not to mention complaints about other products like getting Walmart to stop selling T-shirts that say "All lives matters".

Reactions: TimBob

·
Premium Member
2,229 Posts
For all of you that use PayPal only to protect your credit card, might I suggest using Privacy — Seamless & Secure Online Card Payments which lets you create one-time-use or spending-limited cards on the fly. I have one for all my monthly subscription type things and spun up a new card for every random vendor.
I did something like that with DiscoverCard many years ago. It was too much of a hassle for me.

·
Administrator
143,377 Posts
I just bought 3 Wolff recoil springs and a Titanium firing pin on Ebay last Friday. No problem paying with PayPal.
I believe you but, I have no idea why that happened to you especially on a holster purchase???

·
Registered
4,430 Posts
IMO me supporting paynotpal is equivalent to:

·
Registered
3,960 Posts
I also just bought a vintage holster on ebay using the Paypal checkout but, I think since those purchases are private individuals they cannot tell what you are buying vs a holster or firearm dealer.

·
Registered
438 Posts
FYI - Gunbroker now has it's own version of PayPal called GunBroker Pay. Works on the same principle as PayPal but of course there are no restrictions for firearms or firearm accessories.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
This is very unfortunate because I like doing business through PayPal and have done several gun related purchases, but I no longer will be doing business with them.

Can’t you get your cc company to refuse to pay if your card is messed with? We had this happen once recently due to the covid thing and it was easily disputed and we didn’t have to pay it.

I believe your pretty safe with a credit card (not debit) but I may be wrong? A good means of protection that may help someone feel better is to have a small limit put on your card and that way if it is stolen then it’s not as much money to have to deal with however, I’ve always felt safe with a cc and never had any problems.
You can, but PayPal made it easier in some ways. Banks usually only refund if the charge was fraudulent because you didn’t make it, then you have to get a new credit card and risk more fraudulent charges or impacting credit if not resolved. With PayPal, the questionable company doesn’t have any of your personal information, except shipping address, so they can’t make additional charges. Also, even if you authorized the purchased Paypal would refund the money if the company didn’t actually send item as described.

A recent instance was I ordered some masks online, after the expected delivery date passed, I contacted the company. They told me they would ship in 2-4 days. For over a month, I would contact the company and the supposed time and no tracking number, only to hear the same 2-3 or 3-4 days. I finally contacted PayPal and less than a week later had a full refund.

·
Administrator
143,377 Posts
PayPal is home based in CA. and a court ruled that PayPal must abide by CA. state restrictions even if the Seller and the Buyer are not CA. residents. In other words a seller cannot sell a 100 year old bear skin rug on Ebay due to the CA. "bear parts" laws.
PayPal is really "all about the money" & if they would move out of CA. to some other less restrictive state, their policies would lighten up. But, that is not likely to happen. Just FYI.
WHY they prohibited a holster purchase is a real mystery?
Beats me.

·
Vendor
1,562 Posts
PayPal is what my website is setup for and I talked to them about building gun holsters and they have always said I'm considered as a leather goods supplier.
I'm really confused about being turned down for trying to buy a holster.
Never had problems with PayPal or PayPal processing credit cards.

Sent from my Moto E (4) using Tapatalk

21 - 40 of 48 Posts