Defensive Carry banner

41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
PayPal is what my website is setup for and I talked to them about building gun holsters and they have always said I'm considered as a leather goods supplier.
I'm really confused about being turned down for trying to buy a holster.
Never had problems with PayPal or PayPal processing credit cards.
Sportsmans Guide has thousands of products. It could be as simple as an items was incorrectly tagged as being a Paypal restricted item. Plus, based on an experience I had with Ebay (which owns Paypal) I could see that they could be a little aggressive in making such determinations. I once tried selling an AR15 gas block on Paypal. They took my post down and disabled my account for a day or two because they have a ban on "assault weapon parts". I did list it as an AR15 part. I read all of their policies which basically ban parts associated with what would be considered an "assault weapon" in California. I also saw that there were dozens of gas blocks listed by others sellers, but they did not mention AR15. Since the part can be used to build rifles that do not meet their definition of an "assault weapon" I relisted the part using similar language as I saw other sellers using. They took my listing down and banned me for about 10 days. I called a representative and explained how their policies allow parts for non "assault weapons" except the listing cannot mention if they can also be used on an assault weapon (see below) - which my new listing did not. The representative could not provide a logical reason on why my listing was banned, but stood firm that it was. Oh well, their business their (made up) rules.

"Listings that mention capability with an assault weapon, even if the part or accessory fits non-assault weapons, are also prohibited. "

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just tried to buy holsters from outdoor guide using PayPal only to have paypal refused because of PayPal’s “acceptable use” policy against guns ammunition or firearm related purchases. I have enjoyed the convenience and security of PayPal I the last but i refuse to endorse or support a company that is so anti they won’t process the sale of holsters. I hope others will feel the same way
Were you going to pay out of your bank account or use their payments?

·
Registered
366 Posts
PayPal assisted a Ebay seller in ripping me off. So I eliminated both accounts. I never did get the book I paid for. My credit card will get my money back when I am cheated, not assist the cheater with stealing my money.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Just tried to buy holsters from outdoor guide using PayPal only to have paypal refused because of PayPal’s “acceptable use” policy against guns ammunition or firearm related purchases. I have enjoyed the convenience and security of PayPal I the last but i refuse to endorse or support a company that is so anti they won’t process the sale of holsters. I hope others will feel the same way
This is Sportsman's Guide over-zealously and preemptively applying PayPal's policy. It's not PP refusing you, it's SG. PayPal does have an anti-gun policy towards firearms, high-cap mags, mods that enable auto/rapid fire, and ammunition. But otherwise I've used them for years to purchase gun accessories without issue.

·
Registered
40 Posts
PayPal is home based in CA. and a court ruled that PayPal must abide by CA. state restrictions even if the Seller and the Buyer are not CA. residents. In other words a seller cannot sell a 100 year old bear skin rug on Ebay due to the CA. "bear parts" laws.
PayPal is really "all about the money" & if they would move out of CA. to some other less restrictive state, their policies would lighten up. But, that is not likely to happen. Just FYI.
WHY they prohibited a holster purchase is a real mystery?
Beats me.
Guessing there was something in the listing that auto-triggered a
PayPal rejection.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
I have never used PayPal.
There have been a few things I have wanted to buy, if the website does not offer checkout as a guest, I just pass on it and find something else.
Even using a guest checkout can cause you problems because if the site uses paypal even the guest checkout is most likely processed by paypal. I've have 3 credit cards compromised in the last 3 or 4 years and it's been because of paypal, all were eventually resolved but in one case it took about 8 months. Paypal is one of the most insecure payment processor out there and I avoid them at all costs.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I use Paypal for occasional eBay purchases and a few other things but that's a ridiculous policy.

It seems as if all the tech platforms are anti gun and pro things I'm completely against. It's getting harder to find places to do business.
Unfortunately, it is getting hard to boycott businesses and people over gun stuff. I tried to do that for a while. Basically, if I wanted to boycott every commercial enterprise that has some anti-2A policies or views, I would have to:
  • Not watch hardly any TV or movies
  • Not patronize hardly any chain stores
  • Not send any packages
  • Not visit a lot of healthcare providers
  • Never fly on an airline or visit an airport
  • The list goes on...
What I will do is if I find a business that does not oppose gun rights, I will try to patronize them more and if it is appropriate, let them know I appreciate them.
This, of course, is the bottom line. Certain movements in the country do not want you to have guns, period. They "do their part" to make it difficult.. It does require attention to detail today to find a venue to help you participate in your sport or hobby, or even your beliefs. The problem for the anti gun sellers is that there are still several sellers that will enjoy your business, but they get to "feel good" in that they are not participating in the "evilness" of guns. But I bet, that if they should suffer from a home invasion, they would call " the guys with guns".

Reactions: Sister

·
Registered
318 Posts
Doesn't seem very equally enforced, Just logged onto PayPal to view my transaction history. Since March I've used PayPal on spent brass, reloading equipment, an AR wall mount. AR500 steel silhouettes, powder coated bullets.
Many of them from gun business directly, Ben Stoger, Ibejiheads etc.

41 - 51 of 51 Posts