Defensive Carry banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Update on Paypal policy

Since this thread started in 2007, I decided to look up their current policy. They've made their anti-gun policy official. From the Paypal website this morning:

****FAQs
More answers in the Help Center

What is PayPal’s policy on transactions that involve firearms?

We don’t allow PayPal members to buy or sell any kind of firearm, whether it’s in working order or not. The same goes for certain firearm parts and ammunition.

For example, using PayPal, you can’t buy or sell:

Any firearm, including rifles, shotguns, and handguns, whether they’re for sport and recreation, collectibles, or curio or relic firearms.

Firearm parts, including but not limited to receivers and frames, silencers, and kits designed to modify guns so that they fire automatically. High capacity magazines, multi-burst trigger activators, and camouflaging firearm containers are other items in this category.

Ammunition, including propellants like gunpowder or blank ammunition; ammunition or cartridge cases; and primers, bullets, or propellant powder designed for any firearm.

Stun gun sales are allowed for U.S. residents, but only if the transaction is permitted by law in both the buyer's and seller's jurisdictions. (PayPal account holders outside the U.S. can’t buy or sell stun guns.) Before they complete a sale, U.S. sellers must make sure that the transaction is legal in both locations.

Related items that you can buy and sell using PayPal include paintball guns, blank guns, and air-soft guns, as long as such transactions are legal in the applicable jurisdiction. All of these items must display the markings required by law, must not be convertible to shoot a lethal projectile, and can’t include blank ammunition. *

Source: https://www.paypal-search.com/socialsearch/query?q_acInput_acInput=firearm&q_acInput=firearm&q=firearm&cn=paypal&cc=www&st=1&adv=0&mode=live&login_status=0&irFilter=US_en_US_Collection&filter=p

If the above link is broken, go to the Paypal website and search for "firearm."

·
Registered
1 Posts
I actually just got a call from PayPal for a listing that I had on GunBroker.com

It was a polymer 80% lower receiver for an AR15.

80% lower receivers are not illegal in that state of California but they still out my account on restriction until I accepted the terms agreement again.

It was no biggie, just a few minutes to take care of but I have to remove the listing and face account revocation if it happens again.

I believe they are trying to abide by the California laws, but even to the point of restricting it down to parts that are not even illegal in Cali is pretty ridiculous. Both on eBay and PayPals part.

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
PayPal is not so much anti-gun as anti lawsuit.
If a firearm was transferred illegally (or legally) using PayPal, and was used in a crime, you know they'd be sued.
Deep pockets. So rather than take the chance they just say no as a policy.
But I can go on E-Bay and buy magazines and grips and holsters.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.