Defensive Carry banner

41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
552 Posts
It looks like you may have made a decision, @seeker_two , however did not mention what it was, if you have. I think you may get some ideas from another thread, an older one, labeled "Thinking about a Pistol Caliber Carbine". (Thinking about a Pistol Caliber Carbine )

There are several options there. With what you stated, out of the options you listed, I'd go 9mm, especially if it can take the same mags as your carry gun. Since I carry an S&W, my options might not fit you, as it would be either the Sub2000, or have dedicated mags for what I get. Dedicated mags for it wouldn't be that bad, as long as you were able to make sure they stayed with the gun.

·
Registered
669 Posts
I guess I will be that guy! Why not an pistol or SBR 5.56 with a suppressor?
Personally, i don't want to deal with the hassle that goes along with NFA items.

And, you have to watch ballistic issues with a 5.56 bullet in these short barrels. And without a suppressor, 5.56 is DAMN loud in an indoor, self defense environment.

For home defense, a PCC is fantastic IMHO

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
It looks like you may have made a decision, @seeker_two , however did not mention what it was, if you have. I think you may get some ideas from another thread, an older one, labeled "Thinking about a Pistol Caliber Carbine". (Thinking about a Pistol Caliber Carbine )

There are several options there. With what you stated, out of the options you listed, I'd go 9mm, especially if it can take the same mags as your carry gun. Since I carry an S&W, my options might not fit you, as it would be either the Sub2000, or have dedicated mags for what I get. Dedicated mags for it wouldn't be that bad, as long as you were able to make sure they stayed with the gun.
I'm not buying anything until the market settles a bit. I think I'll do 5.56 in a 16" carbine and do a shorter barrel pistol in 9mm or .45ACP. But I'm leaning more toward a Shockwave in 20ga as a short-range thumper in the vehicle. The Demonstrated Concepts YT channel has some interesting thoughts on the matter.....

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
59 Posts
We have been looking for a 9mm carbine.
I am very interested in this from Keltec.
Suppressed 9mm that you can fold up with a Red Dot on it.
Looks like I will be getting one soon as they are available.

·
Registered
669 Posts
We have been looking for a 9mm carbine.
I am very interested in this from Keltec.
Suppressed 9mm that you can fold up with a Red Dot on it.
Looks like I will be getting one soon as they are available.

That is interesting. I have read many comments over the years that the gun is not necessarily the most fun to shoot, but it does serve a purpose....

41 - 45 of 45 Posts