Defensive Carry banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,472 Posts
Pelican is good to go, I use a 1720 for travel and have no worries about the quality.

Check out Pelican 1490 Protector Case
Note the price at the top is for the computer case, not the plain case with foam. Look down below.

This company does well and is pretty reliable.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
We use them for laptops at work, and I wouldn't really recommend them. They just don't seem as durable as the regular Pelican cases, we've actually broken at least one that I know of.

That said the flightline is a harsh environment and they probably get beat on there more then they normally would, so for normal travel they would probably hold up just fine.

Hope it helps...

·
Registered
225 Posts
Got one for my photo equipment...camera, lenses, accessories.....
Rugged, and supposedly..(I"M not gonna test it...!) waterproof....
Kinda pricey as cases go....but it all depends on what you're protecting....

·
Registered
38 Posts
I use a 1400 for airline travel that holds my firearm, two mags and a couple of boxes of ammo. So far I've had no issues with it. I just toss it in the rest of my checked luggage and not worry about it. Also I've used a Pelican case when I got deployed and that thing survived a trip halfway around the world and back, plus 6 months in the desert.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I have nothing negative to say about Pelican products. You get what you pay for, and these are the best I've come across WRT durability. We use them extensively in the military, and we're not exactly gentle with our gear off-loading procedures. Pay the extra and get the foam. Then use and exacto knife to cut as needed.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Pelican Gun Case

If you're carrying 2 pistols I would recommend the Pelican 1700: Pelican 1700

It has enough room for a few pistols and extra accessories. I think the 1700-1780 cases are much more durable, because they are designed for military use.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Nice to see SKB got rid of the cheap latches a 5 year old with a fingernail file could open, but don't you need locks that can't be opened with a TSA key to be used to check firearms in your luggage? That's the way the regulations on the TSA website read.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts