Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know, I know, I KNOW ... not enough face palms in the WORLD for this stupidity, just proves they have no idea what protecting and defending the constitution really means.

Rep. Nancy Pelosi (D – Calif.) cited her oath to "protect and defend" the U.S. Constitution as the reason Congress should enact harsher gun control measures.

In a press release marking the one-year anniversary of the Aurora, Colorado shootings, the former Speaker of the House said: "In Congress, there can be no more fitting memorial to the lives lost in Aurora, in Newtown, and across the country than a concerted effort to enact commonsense gun safety legislation."
Pelosi: Congress Must Uphold Oath to ?Protect and Defend? Constitution... by Passing Gun Control | CNS News

·
Registered
4,274 Posts
I don't even... :badwords: :aargh4:

Reactions: dcdalton

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
And, again, why is she still in office? Oh, yea, most of Cali/San Fran is clueless. Note her wording and the language of liberals...gun safety. What rational/commonsense person could argue with more gun safety? Well those of us that see through the verbal garbage and call it what it is...gun control! We will not be fooled by "gun safety".

·
Super Moderator
18,484 Posts
The oath that Rep. Pelosi took when she was sworn into office at the beginning of the 113th Congress reads: “I do solemnly swear that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter. [So help me God.]”
Obviously Queen pelosi has no clue as to what she swore to uphold.

·
Super Moderator
18,484 Posts
And, again, why is she still in office? Oh, yea, most of Cali/San Fran is clueless. Note her wording and the language of liberals...gun safety. What rational/commonsense person could argue with more gun safety? Well those of us that see through the verbal garbage and call it what it is...gun control! We will not be fooled by "gun safety".
Therein lies the problem; she is neither rational nor sensible.

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
The purpose of the Bill of Rights, including the Second Amendment, is a clear message to the "common sense" of America's representatives.
"We must uphold our oath to ‘protect and defend’ the constitution and all Americans by expanding background checks and keeping dangerous firearms out of the wrong hands.”
Besides bad speech writing, much less common sense, it is a violation of the part of the oath about, "without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter."
“If Pelosi really wants to apply the lessons from Aurora, Colorado in order to save lives,” Pratt said, “she will work to repeal gun laws that discourage good people from carrying firearms.”
Why I'm a proud member of GOA (where I am able to protect myself and my property). If you need help making sense of that, remember that I'm residing in L.A.

·
Registered
3,117 Posts
Interesting. I just went to her website to send her an email, and due to a zip code validation error I am not able to send her an email ... I don't live in the district she represents.

So ..... since she only represents the people of her district, then she needs to confine her comments to the people of her district and not to the representatives of all the other districts in the US, in fact confine her comments such that no other person in the US has to listen to her. She won't talk to me unless she represents me, then she shouldn't be allowed to talk to people that others represent. Seems fair.

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
I have to agree with her on this, we should have some common sense gun safety legislation. To do that we could take some of that money that is being wasted in government, give it to the NRA, National Shooting Sports Organization, and others, so that they can teach gun safety classes free to those people that can't afford them. Also assist lower income people get their CCW so they can protect themselves also.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
"Today I will uphold my vow to diet by eating three large pizzas and downing 6 liters of Coke."

Makes about as much sense.

·
Registered
3,171 Posts
Absolutely the worst administration in the history of the world and the main article of this thread is proof. What makes it so sad is she's not alone in her way of thinking. They're forcing an issue inconsistent with the values of our foundation and I really don't want to think of the day that their interpretation of the Constitution and ours are involved in what would be considered the mother of all collisions. My advice to you Madame Pelosi, would be to read it, (if you have not already done so) and please have an open mind as to what you believe the Second Amendment is for.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Thats funny we are having the same thing for dinner.:icon_neutral:
haha, well I meant it for one person like on those extreme weight loss shows.

Pelosi has copies of the Constitution and the BOR printed on toilet paper. She doesn't give one lick about what this country has traditionally stood for. She just wants to shape it in her own image and bend everyone else to her will because it's what she thinks is good for us.

Reactions: blitzburgh

·
Registered
3,117 Posts
Absolutely the worst administration in the history of the world and the main article of this thread is proof. What makes it so sad is she's not alone in her way of thinking. They're forcing an issue inconsistent with the values of our foundation and I really don't want to think of the day that their interpretation of the Constitution and ours are involved in what would be considered the mother of all collisions. My advice to you Madame Pelosi, would be to read it, (since you have not already done so) and please have an open mind as to what you believe the Second Amendment is for.
There .. fixed that for you.

Reactions: msgt/ret and mprp

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
I will never use these two words together in my written or spoken word: common and sense. The progs, as Mrs. Pelousy has so ably demonstrated, have so misshapen their meaning and used them ad nauseum whenever they talk about infringements on the 2A, that I can hardly bear it. It is important to remember to invert the meaning of the prog's words and phraseology to glean the truth, if any, in what they say. It's 1984+29. Mrs. Pelousy is merely another of the hundreds in the US Congress who have eluded justice for utterly failing to abide by their oaths of office.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts