Defensive Carry banner

People paying $95-150 for .22lr 550 federal "value packs"

15K views 20 replies 13 participants last post by  Fausty 
#1 ·
And upwards of $1.50 a round for .223?!

Seriously. What the hell is going on?! I can see a mark up but have some self respect people. It should be maybe $20. Ammo wholesalers are preying upon panicked masses by inflicting a brutal 500% mark up.

AND YOU SUCKERS ARE PAYING IT!

Stop. Supply will equal demand. The world is not ending. When people stop paying these ridiculous mark ups the price will drop. And if you are one of these price gouging, profiteering retailers? (which I know there are some on this board) YOU ARE WORSE THAN BIDEN, OBAMA, AND FEINSTEIN COMBINED. Not only are you preying on innocent patriotic Americans, but you are playing right into the gun grabber's hand by helping them paint a picture of us all as ammo hoarding extreme right wing militia terrorists. Shame on you.

Sorry for the rant guys, but I had to get that off my chest.

#2 ·
For people that do training we need the ammo to make a living! The last time I purchased 22lr it was $200 for a 5000 round brick! Now I see it going for $1000 for 5000 rounds! Luckily I have enough in my safe to get us through the summer. After that we'll go to SIRT pistols for basic pistol!

Reactions: Phaedrus
#17 ·
That's one blessing in disguise- I'd have never heard of the SIRT pistol if not for the ammo shortage. While I don't have one yet it's on my list of must-have items! I just wish they had a version that emulated a cocked-and-locked single action auto (BHP, 1911, I'm not fussy).

#5 ·
That doesn't make it ok for retailers to price gouge on this ridiculous level. If they truly believe they are in the fight for 2a with the rest of us they should be selling ammunition and firearms at fair market value for whatever perceived cataclysm is on it's way.

The profiteering currently going on is absolutely despicable.

#8 ·
You are right one the money... Some these "dealers" are really sticking it to us right now. ALL the big reputable ones are selling it for what they have always sold it for. ...Why? Well, because the manufactures are not charging anymore for it..That's why!! They just run out quicker because they are selling a good product at a good mark up and its fair..These "dealers" are like sharks smelling blood and they are sticking it to us hard. I watched a few of them selling super cheap Agrulia and Rem bulk packs for 100+ bucks and they had HUNDREDS in stock. In some cases, it's even worse than that. They take their stock down because of slow sales and then repost them a day latter to give the impression that they ran out quickly and now by the grace of god have more for ya at the same 100 dollar price tag.. It's disgusting... The ethical and patriotic thing to do would have been to put a one box limit on them and sell them for a bit of a premium.. maybe 30.00 bucks a box.. I use to support these small guys but not anymore.. I won't forget who they are...

#9 ·
This craze is just irrational on both sides. I do have a lot of .22, but I was lucky enough to have purchased a bunch well before the craze. Had I not, I sure as heck wouldn't buy any now.

Don't people stop and think?

Whole lotta dumb going around.

#10 ·
Retailers are charging so much because 1. People are buying it at these prices. 2. They need to get as much for it as posable because they don't know when they'll get more in stock.

#12 ·
Yeah, I learned that one in 9th grade civics. But how there is a demand for .22LR at that price is beyond me. I can still enjoy a gun without shooting.

I guess some people have money to burn...I sure as heck ain't gonna spend that kind of money on .22 ammo

#14 ·
I look in my closet and I see 3000+ rounds of .22lr and That's only six little bricks... I paid 50.00 bucks for it and would not sell it to my worst enemy for 600.00 dollars.. I just could not sleep after that.

Now, from what I understand some of the big boys only run .22lr once a year and that is usually ample for the whole planet.. They are running some of those lines now due to demand but the "big" run is approaching and the market will be flooded with .22lr.(could be urban legend) Everyone should just wait and and stop freaking out. The .22LR is not going anywhere and you owe it to yourselves and your pride to not feed into this..(unless you and the boy HAVE to hit woods today)

#15 ·
You know, as much as I dislike Wal Mart, they are not jacking up the price. Good for them. Also, if you guys want to catch some at fair market value, GunBot is what I have been using. And it also gives me a good sense of who to buy from, and who to never do business with again because I can track the companies that are gouging and make note of it.

I am glad to see at least you all have your heads screwed on straight.

#18 ·
The sirt looks pretty interesting. At the rate we are going, I envision a range where everyone is standing in the lanes and all you can hear is the click-click-click of training pistol triggers being pulled....

#19 ·
what is the best way to do gun control. it is to control the ammo. drive the price of ammo high and you have just gotten gun control. all ammo have gone high. 22 lr, 9 mm, 40 s&w, 45 acp, 5.56, 308, 5.45x39 have gone through the roof. even reloading supplies have gone up, way up. that is if you can get any. a gun without ammo is just a stick.

#21 ·
Well PSA and Natches so far are the only two vendors I have seen that aren't gouging. PSA had federal 525 value packs this afternoon for $22. While that is a slight mark up, it is still fair. Natches has also had reasonable prices here and there.

Make note people, do not support the companies that are sticking it to us when (or if) things get back to normal. And let them know. Email them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.