Defensive Carry banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Long-time member, rare poster here ;)

I had the luck of picking up 4 lightly used Pepper Poppers for an obscenely low price. Couldn't pass 'em up!

I would like to include 1 (or 2) into some drills. Any suggestions?

I've been checking IDPA sights and some others for COF's, but nothing really practical jumps out at me.

Any suggestions, websites, tips? I've shot plates before, but am new to Poppers, so I know what happens when lead-meets steel!

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
I love shooting poppers, its alot of fun, and different than shooting paper, you know immedately if you hit the target or not, plus they make a neat ping sound. Congrats!!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thx. I got them from a guy who got them as "scrap-metal". He would have gotten $4-5 tops selling as scrap. I got 4 -Poppers, and 5 -6" Circles with flat bases for $45.

They are rust-free, sturdy, stable. Barely used. I am prepping them for paint tonight...

Mwahahaha!

·
Registered
5,134 Posts
personal i use my poppers in conjunction with some old ipsc targets and a baloon ot two for tulleier drills ... ie do the reactives, then fall back and fold the poppers , hope that gives ya an idea or two lol and no matter what enjoy the bang and clang lol

·
Premium Member
6,260 Posts

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Hi stranger!!!!

I think they are most useful for draw and shoot speed practice, particularly from awkward positions like cover. Like most - love em :smilez: Reactive targets rock!

My main club has a steel shoot once a year - comprizing assorted poppers and plates - about 150 in all over five stages - good??? You betcha :wink:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Be creative and Safe when utilizing steel targets!
You can use them alone or use them in combination with other targets. You can go to actiontargets.com and they have several stages you can set up and shoot. They use multiple types of targets, but just replace them with the poppers and plates. By using the poppers and plates instead of the fullsize targets you will improve faster, so when it counts you will not have any problems dealing with a fullsize target.

·
Super Moderator
19,004 Posts
perhaps use em behind sillouette targets to define a COM area?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts